Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 8:21:35 PM EDT
Hey folks. I recently picked up this bead blaster off of Craigslist and got it set up, but the gun that I bought at Harbor Freight (the only one they had in stock. $17.99)
is so, so. It seems to work awesome at times, and then nothing. I shake it around, take out some glass, put some back in, then it works fine for a little while, and then
nothing again. Suggestions on a better one would be appreciated. I'd like one that feeds the glass from the bottom so I can put the screen back down and not have
to keep scooping off the bottom to fill it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out TP Tools. They are online. All of their stuff is US made. I have the 960 series SKAT Blast cabinet. I use it almost everyday at work. They have trigger guns and foot pedal guns available.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit can the hopper feed gun. What you need is a siphon feed that will pull the media from the bottom of the cabinet. HF should have a gun that is meant to feed from a bucket. You can adapt it to a cabinet without much difficulty.
Make sure you have enough compressor to run it, blasting takes a good bit of CFM and make sure it is DRY air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top