Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 10:40:56 AM EDT
Looking at gages and see a gage for the 5.56x45 and a gage for 223 Remington and a gage for 223 Wylde. I thought the head space gage measured from the bolt face to the cartridge shoulder. Aren't the three listed using the same cartridge design? Please learn me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Looking at gages and see a gage for the 5.56x45 and a gage for 223 Remington and a gage for 223 Wylde. I thought the head space gage measured from the bolt face to the cartridge shoulder. Aren't the three listed using the same cartridge design? Please learn me.
View Quote

Came cartridge design, different chamber.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, That's what I expected. just wanted to verify. MARKETING
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#3]
This might help:
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Zack, Very interesting comparison. But it does not show the DATUM location or length. What scares me is the base of the Wylde shoulder is 0.0019 larger than the Rem or the NATO. I have a Rock River with a 223 Wylde chamber but reload with a 223 Rem RCBS dies. That way I should be safe. What if I had Wylde dies? Would they chamber in a Rem or NATO. I thought the Wylde was a union between the Rem and NATO in the throat.

I see your print is from PTG. Are you associated with PTG? I could not find a Wylde reamer or gage on the PTG site, but I do not search so well.

Brucifer
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zack, Very interesting comparison. But it does not show the DATUM location or length. What scares me is the base of the Wylde shoulder is 0.0019 larger than the Rem or the NATO. I have a Rock River with a 223 Wylde chamber but reload with a 223 Rem RCBS dies. That way I should be safe. What if I had Wylde dies? Would they chamber in a Rem or NATO. I thought the Wylde was a union between the Rem and NATO in the throat.
I see your print is from PTG. Are you associated with PTG? I could not find a Wylde reamer or gage on the PTG site, but I do not search so well.
Brucifer
View Quote

There is no such thing as a .223 Wylde cartridge. Wylde is a chambering (chamber design).

In layman's terms, Wylde is a "hybrid/intermediate" chamber of .223 Remington and 5.56 NATO.

Think of it as a .223 Remington chamber that is safe for 5.56 NATO pressure cartridges.

You won't find any Wylde dies...because there is no such thing. Just load with .223 dies to a safe pressure and work your way until your happy.

.223 Remington and 5.56 use the same casing....

The .223 Remington chamber isn't really safe for 5.56 pressures

Any .223 Rem can load into a 5.56 and .223 Wylde chamber and be safe.

Any 5.56 round can load into a .223 Rem and .223 Wylde chamber.

5.56 rounds aren't safe for .223 Rem chambers due to 5.56 pressures.

5.56 rounds are safe for .223 Wylde chambers

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
My mistake. I was asking about Go Gages and we started talking about free space or jump. You don't call the area the cartridge sits in as the chamber?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top