Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 1:13:02 PM EDT
I know this is a short list but ,I've been shooting my xd 45 tactical for a long time now but its become apparent to me that i need a left handed slide release. I know about M&P and the FNX but is there any other company that are out there that make a ambi pistol. Yes I know this is a stupid question but I'm new at this with only a few post so i need your help. I have a few things i want to know about.

=]1. pricing
2. reliability
3. availability of parts
4. aftermarket parts
5. maintains
6. flaws of the pistol.
7. YOUR EXPERIENCE IF YOU HAVE IT.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the true left-hand autos is the CZ-85.
It not only has an ambi safety, it also has an ambi slide stop.

It's all steel, total high quality, parts are available, the CZ design has a long history of durability.
Price is reasonable for what you get.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been carrying the M&P since they first came out.

The slide stop is ambidextrous and the magazine release can be flipped to the right side easily.

The Beretta 92 is easy to manipulate as a lefty as well.

I find any handgun with a decent right side safety, or no safety, easy to operate as lefty.

What you call a slide release is really a slide stop.

It should be operated to lock the slide to the rear. I use my trigger finger, where right handed people use their thumb.

To release the slide you should "sling shot" it.

I also use my middle finger of my left hand to drop the magazine, I find it requires less moving of the pistol.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
HK 45 Tactical

edit:  Not the USP T.  The USP is a different gun than the HK 45 T.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top