Site Notices
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
Author
Posted: 2/1/2013 2:33:11 PM EST
I have looked everywhere and found a few threads with no answers. What size dovetail / dovetail cutter is on the glock for rearsight? Thanks.
tallamong
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:09:19 PM EST
They are different for the different sized frames. They are also beveled with the center a smaller size than the outside. sights are not a hammer in to make fit. Most need to be filed to make a perfect fit.

I just put some Trijicons on a glock. You-tube helped a lot.
Kristofer_G
The 7.62x25mm 1911 guy.
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/27/2013 1:02:43 PM EST
The rear sight dovetail is the same across all Glock models. The rear sight height is some what model specific. I have been looking for the Glock factory spec and have not found any thing. I know one of the major manufacturers of third party Glock slides and he was purposefully unclear when I asked him rear sight dovetail cutter. Like it's some big secret.

I believe I have figured out. The Glock dovetail is essentially a .250" x 74┬░ dovetail, cut ~.079" deep. In metric that works out to 6.4mm x 74┬░, with a depth of 2mm. I just cut a test dovetail in a piece of 3/4" 7075 bar stock and it is a perfect fit for a take off Warren Tactical rear sight I have.

Tallamong is correct that Glock uses a pinched profile in the dovetails cut on their slides. However, when cutting a dovetail to use a Glock rear sight it is not necessary to copy Glock's pinched profile. A conventional, straight cut to fit dovetail will suffice. And I feel is preferable.