Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 1:12:20 PM EDT
have a chance to buy 1 at the best price. fits our s&w hi-CAPS

with the tailor +100 rd extensions i have 27 rdsx3 mags +1 in the gun]

what can anyone  tell me about the weapon

looks good but seems to have a lot of plastic parts.

have to do something by friday or its gone

lmk please asap

1texan
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a gen 1 sub2k (g19 type). Ive had it 2 years and run plenty of rounds through it. Its fun to shoot and has been 100%. Nice tack driver at 50yards. Midwest industries has some nice products out for optics mounting. Stores nicely if you want it for a truckgun/backpack gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two of the Gen 2 versions that take Glock mags.   It is a fantastic rifle.  Is the one you are looking at a Gen 1 or Gen 2?   If it is a Gen 2, it will have an M-lok rail with slots in it, where as the Gen 1 has a waffle patterned plastic hand guard.  

The Gen 2s has a larger ejection port, better sights, and the better rail.     They shoot really well, but you may want to invest in a cheap rubber cheek rest as the cheek rest is metal and isn't great in the cold on your face.  You can get the rubber cheek guards on Amazon pretty cheap.

You literally can fold this gun, or open it back up in a second.   Best backpack gun you can find that is not a pistol or SBR.  

The plastic parts are only on the stock, frame, etc.  But there is a lot of metal reinforcements similar to a Glock.   It has a lifetime warranty so buy with confidence as Keltec has always taken care of customers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Gen 2 is a much better gun with numerous enhancements. Gen 1 is ok, but make sure you get kick-ass deal of no more than $250... Just my opinion...
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably too late for the OP, but  my recommendations.

First, go read the many threads at KTOG if you have not. If you can sort the wheat from the chaff, you may find most answers.

My assessment:

- sub2ks take cheap to a new level, so level set appropriately
- Lousy plastic trigger and blowback makes it a slow in rapid fire
- There still seems to be limited red dot sighting options if you want perserve the other interesting features of the guns
- Mine is G17 version and has issues with the mag catch
- it is a fun gun... it would be one of the last guns I would choose in a crisis, even with supreme conceability and minimalist weight

I have AR pistol carbines. Those would be my recommendation at a similar price point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top