Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2017 3:14:50 PM EDT
I want to order a tailhook for the pistol buffer tube in my Kriss Vector.  However, I do not have any calipers and want to make sure the tube is not more than 1.2" in diameter.   The tailhook only works on pistol braces that are between 1.17-1.2"   Some pistol braces are fatter to give better fitment to the older Sig braces and I have seen some advertised as being 1.25".   I would rather verify before ordering so I don't waste my money.

I am installing a side folding adapter that adds a couple of inches to the length of the buffer tube, so that will make up for the lost length between the factory brace and tailhook brace.  

Here is a picture of the style of brace I have on it from the factory and the pistol buffer tube.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is a hair over 1.2" 1.205 is what my calipers read.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  That should work.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is a hair over 1.2" 1.205 is what my calipers read.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a tailhook adapter that lets you use a modified factory stock as a  cheek rest.

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I am waiting for that adapter to be released.  I have been following it for a month or so, but it's not available yet.  The production units should ship by end of month according to their estimates.

Quoted:
There is a tailhook adapter that lets you use a modified factory stock as a  cheek rest.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Tailhook_vectorL.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am waiting for that adapter to be released.  I have been following it for a month or so, but it's not available yet.  The production units should ship by end of month according to their estimates.
View Quote
Gearhead just bought up a bunch of factory stocks and are going to be selling complete setups from the factory. Cheek rest/tailhook and adapter in one package ready to drop on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome.  I already have a side folding stock kit on order and will wait for them to release their adapter for the tailhook.  I do have one of their complete kits for the CZ scorpion using the factory side folding kit, and it is awesome.

The Kriss is going to be a little more difficult as you have to drill out the retaining rivet on the non-folding brace adapter, and then replace it with the side folding assembly.    

Quoted:
Gearhead just bought up a bunch of factory stocks and are going to be selling complete setups from the factory. Cheek rest/tailhook and adapter in one package ready to drop on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's awesome. I hadn't heard about that yet.

I had bought a Tailhook a few weeks ago. And was trying to decide on what to do with it for my Kriss.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
A guy on fhe facebook group "Kriss vector owners" i believe thats the name, sells the tailhook adapters for 35.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top