Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2017 1:22:33 AM EDT
I received an unexpected gift this weekend of a CZ scorpion pistol in FDE.  I have looked online just for a day or so and I can tell this is going to get expensive.  I already know I need a new safety, sling, sling mounts, and red dot.  I would also like a folding brace either SB tactical or Shockwave.  Probably eventually get a new grip, but the yetiwurks ones seem high for a simple grip.  I also really would like to put the CZ carbine forearm on with a KAK muzzle device.  However, I don't' see it in FDE..  Guess i should have gotten black.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
With all that, it'll still be cheaper than if you bought the mpx, I just got both last week and my mpx is well over 2k spent already and my Cz isn't close.

Cz mags are cheap, trigger springs etc are cheap, selectors are pretty fair, and custom qd mounts are affordable also. Optics would cost the same as if you were buying one for any gun.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't mention ammo and magazines.  Speaking of magazines, if I decided to SBR and got 922r compliant with the use of magazine parts, would that mean to use non conforming mags would be illegal?  Also, is there a source for the stock CZ carbine  forearm in FDE, or does that not exist?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Even if you tried to set a budget on aftermarket parts can damn near guarantee you'll end up with enough usa made goodies for 922r it's an addicting to mod gun .

I swore to stay near to stock, and under $1200 when done

Including shipping prices

Evo pistol $715 , Hbi delta trigger $40 , 2 HBI prostock charging handles $76 , $150 HBI handguard , $200 Holosun Hs515cu, $70 ADM low mount, ergo covers $20, Hbi spring "must have" $8, $40 gearhead mag release, $50 parker mountain qds , $52 parker mountain safety levers, $200 SBT-Evo, $40 vendetta AFG, $70 SLR synergy mini comp and 5 $30 manticore 32rnd mags later and I think I'm done though I might change to the tailhook kit and yeti grip so theres another $300 for those items shipped
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if you tried to set a budget on aftermarket parts can damn near guarantee you'll end up with enough usa made goodies for 922r it's an addicting to mod gun .

I swore to stay near to stock, and under $1200 when done

Including shipping prices

Evo pistol $715 , Hbi delta trigger $40 , 2 HBI prostock charging handles $76 , $150 HBI handguard , $200 Holosun Hs515cu, $70 ADM low mount, ergo covers $20, Hbi spring "must have" $8, $40 gearhead mag release, $50 parker mountain qds , $52 parker mountain safety levers, $200 SBT-Evo, $40 vendetta AFG, $70 SLR synergy mini comp and 5 $30 manticore 32rnd mags later and I think I'm done though I might change to the tailhook kit and yeti grip so theres another $300 for those items shipped
View Quote
Pictures please
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Op, I have a spare front left side qd sling mount that I will sell you for a good price if you want it. Pm if interested.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Better pics tomorrow during daylight

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried the hbi ak safeties but got rid of them, everygun I own up is safe down is fire, the hbi safeties reverse to where safe is down up is fire. Same promlem with gearheads reverse safety lever
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be the only one but I don't like the HnI forearms that much. May grow on me. I like the Mlok one that comes in the carbine but they don't make it in FDE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top