Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2017 8:36:58 AM EDT
I just ordered the new FDE Scorpion at the local shop, should be here this week.  Does anyone know if the newer Scorpions are shipping with the "world legal" trigger packs with the weld on the screw?  Just curious as to what I might find when I remove it this week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a crap shoot. People have still been getting wl trigger packs even on the newest serials while some don't. Seems as if cz has a stockpile of them and it would make more sense to factory fix them BEFORE shipping them out for resale and then offering post sale warranty to fix. But its not too big of a job to diy, it's just stupid to have to do it in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I just placed an order for the spring kit and a switchback grip, I'll just wait and see if I need to order the drill bit and replacement screw.  I  searched Google to see if they stopped welding the screws on the 2017 models, but couldn't find any info.  I'll update when I find out what I have.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like brand new FDE guns are unwelded from what I've seen. Really depends how long the place you ordered from has had it in stock...
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like brand new FDE guns are unwelded from what I've seen. Really depends how long the place you ordered from has had it in stock...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, its really not a difficult thing to drill that screw out. Doesn't require the special bit as its easiest drilled from the trigger side.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Picked up one in black last week.  It was not welded.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the Scorpion today, and the trigger screw is not welded.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Darn.  I got my Scorpion last month and it has a welded screw. I plan to order a set of springs from HBI so I need to figure out how to get the screw out in the very near future.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I got my Scorpion 3 weeks ago and it had the welded screw as well. It took no time at all to drill it out. So far I have changed to the Theta trigger, HBI spring and short AK safety and the hardest part is getting the safety lined up for the screw.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought one a couple days ago, I don't think it's welded.  It looks like it's got a blob of some kind of sealant on the inside end.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Darn.  I got my Scorpion last month and it has a welded screw. I plan to order a set of springs from HBI so I need to figure out how to get the screw out in the very near future.
View Quote
If you're not up for drilling it yourself, Shooters Element offers a service of drilling out the weld and installing any trigger parts you send along or buy from them (including HBI springs) for $30. Ended up using the service myself cuz I was buying their aluminum trigger anyway and already had the HBI spring set. Very happy with the end result.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine at the gun store last week, and it's not welded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought mine about a month or so ago and it is not welded. Changed to HBI spring, theta trigger, and polished the internals on day 1. Also put on an apex grip.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't want to drill mine out because I was afraid of damaging it because I don't have a lot of faith in my mechanical ability.  Since I just received the new, non-welded replacement from CZ, I decided to give drilling out a try.  It was ridiculously easy.  I used a 7/64 and drilled through the trigger guard and then used a hex key to easily snap off the screw head.  I pulled out the trigger pack and easily removed the other side of the screw.  I still need to source a replacement screw but I am planning on using the spare trigger pack as a test bed for the HBI trigger springs.  

Seriously, drilling out the screw was so easy a cave man could do it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
15 minutes could also save you 15% on your car insurance, it's so easy a cave man could do it
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
The screw you need is at Lowe's for like 80 cents for a 2 pack. M4x0.7 screw, approx 10mm in length. You can use a slightly shorter or longer length screw in a pinch. And they are way better quality screws than the cz one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The screw you need is at Lowe's for like 80 cents for a 2 pack. M4x0.7 screw, approx 10mm in length. You can use a slightly shorter or longer length screw in a pinch. And they are way better quality screws than the cz one.
View Quote
Gen 1 and earlier gen 2 guns feel much better than the current offerings...

The new ones upper receivers have changed and pieces fit differently than they used to. Kinda unfortunate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The new ones upper receivers have changed and pieces fit differently than they used to. Kinda unfortunate.
View Quote
That's sad to hear, although it seems to be the theme in the firearms industry...  
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting this is the first I've heard of this, I would like to see pics of this if possible. I have an early gen 1 with the old barrel threads. It is kind of annoying because I want to suppress it, but have to buy an 18x1 pitch fixed mount for my suppressor when I already have a 1/2x28 piston. I was debating on selling and buying a new one because of this but I may end up keeping it if the new ones are not as nice as the older.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Interesting this is the first I've heard of this, I would like to see pics of this if possible. I have an early gen 1 with the old barrel threads. It is kind of annoying because I want to suppress it, but have to buy an 18x1 pitch fixed mount for my suppressor when I already have a 1/2x28 piston. I was debating on selling and buying a new one because of this but I may end up keeping it if the new ones are not as nice as the older.
View Quote
There is a difference in the trunnions. If I can find the info i'll link it here.

Also, did you ever think of just having your current barrel rethreaded? Might be easier just to have that done considering the factory threading can be a bit off sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
The new ones have larger selector markings that look blob like to me. I've also seen grips not fit correctly, for some reason they can't be pushed all the way forward against the trigger pack.

Gen 1 guns are cool as they often have the A1 hammer and bolt, and are a truer iteration of what the A1 Scorp is. Barrel swaps aren't too difficult, or just getting it threaded 1/2-28.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Took delivery of my carbine three weeks ago. Trigger pack not welded.

Already installed HB Industries trigger spring kit. HUGE improvement in the trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top