Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 4:59:09 AM EDT
Just picked one up, wanted to let people know a couple of points, takedown is not covered very well in the manual. The takedown pin has a retaining ring that must be removed
before pushing out the pin, which is a blessing and a curse. There is no way for the ping to "walk out" but the ring is tiny and removing it should be done with care so as not to
lose it. There are two discs in the stock mounting hole, they "sandwich" on either side of the stock mounting hole and are held in place by a flush screw. They went a step further
and put a bead of weld on both sides of the screw so it cannot be removed. Drilling out the screw and tapping the larger disc can be accomplished easily if you have the
tools. The hole for the stock will probably accept the original MP40 one, button release will be the older style that has two "ears", you will see what I mean if you do
a search. I plan on a Form 1 very soon and will wait for ATI to come out with their own stock as it will be cheaper than hunting down an original. Form 1 will be
mailed next week, I figure I got a year wait for the stamp so by that time ATI will have the 922R kit available. I have no range report yet, mags are available in stock
at ATI so far and are $40 a piece, smack dab between the MPX and the CZ EVO.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, we need pics and vids man!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't had a lot of success posting pics, I have accounts at Flickr and Yahoo but can't seem to get them posted over here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be picking one of these up ASAP too. Will be nice to pair with my stens seeing as original parts kits are too rich for my blood now. Let us know how it shoots OP.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont believe this shares any internals with an original MP40, does it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont believe this shares any internals with an original MP40, does it?
View Quote
No it does not as far as I recall
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I took mine out last Sunday and while some 124 grain German ammo had some hard primers, it was a tack driver.

I found this video on the disassembly (thankfully) as the manual is awful to explain what needs to occur.

Disassemby Video

My experience can be found in the midst of another sites discussion:

AKFiles Discussion

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had mine to the range twice now, and the first trip had two failure to feed stoppages within 120 rounds. Second trip was 90 rounds with zero stoppages. Mixture of ammo mfg's, and weights. Hanging from a sling, it bumps at the same slowish, "typewriter" speed as the original WW2 full auto with ease. Filling out FORM 1 paperwork today. It's a silly toy without a stock. It will be a less so silly toy with one. IE: I don't think it's gonna ever be the mega-tacticool wunder waffe of the year like an Scorpion EVO, or even MP-5 clones, but at the price point it's marketed at, for fans of WW2 weapons who either can't afford, or don't live in a F/A state, it's a pretty neat approximation. I just hope they come through with a decent, not-so-wobbly stock (Also have the .22 version and the stock wobble is aweful).
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
After my first ~300 rounds the rear sight shook free.  The rear sight is held in place by a very small allen screw.  Use the provided allen wrench and re-set the screw with blue loctite.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the heads up on the screw Big Red, mine came out with no exertion whatsoever, gave it a dab of blue locktite. No idea what the other screw holes are for, put 2 M4x7 screws in them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate you people......just sayin'

here I am all gigity over a new to me Scorpion 9mm carbine  , and you fuckers break out the good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on the screw Big Red, mine came out with no exertion whatsoever, gave it a dab of blue locktite. No idea what the other screw holes are for, put 2 M4x7 screws in them.
View Quote
Happy to help.  I don't think anyone needed to repeat my trip to ACE Hardware to learn the hardware to learn about the issue.

What ammo are you using?  I've been having some issues with German 124 grain (hard primers requiring a second strike), 115 Steel Wolf having hard primers and a very weird instance of being able to fire, chamber the next round in the chamber but the bolt closing on the spent cartridge - yes, re-read that, really.  Several times and some WWB ammo as well.  Federal Brass 115 is the only thing to run flawlessly but I'd love to hear the feedback from others.  I have photos so I'll share those soon.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been meaning to write my review.  I'll share with you my experiences by ammo type.

The malfunction is odd in that it was able to chamber the next round but not eject the spent casing.

Admittedly the photographed issues are with Wolf 9mm 115 gr.

I ran four different type of ammunition through it with the following results.

This is the first ammo - I had issues initially with hard primer strikes and requiring a second strike to ignite.

I loaded up the same magazines a few times with each type of ammo.

MagTech 115 gr - Brass Case - Russia
Mag 1 - FTE/Jam x 3
Mag 1 - 15 rounds - 1 FTE and Jam x 3

Winchester White Box - 115 gr Brass Case
Mag 2 - No Issues
Mag 2 - 10 Rounds - No Issues
Mag 2 - 10 rounds - 1 FTE/Jam

Federal 9mm 115 gr Brass Case
Mag 3 - No Issues
Mag 3 - 13 Rounds - No Issues
Mag 3 - No Issues

German 124 Gr
Mag 4 - 1 FTE/Jam x 3
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't shot mine yet but funny you should mention the hard primers on the Wolf, I was shooting my G17 and had a soft primer strike with it. First time I've had any type of misfire
with my Glock in a thousand rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top