Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2017 12:49:28 AM EDT
Ok, so I have a Gen 2 Vector in 9mm coming. I know if can take the Glock 17 mags. And the 33 rounders.

Can anyone confirm if mags from Magpul, ETS or SGM work in the Vector?

Thank you much.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything that fits a G17 will work fine assuming the mag isn't crap. No problems with my Magpul mags.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem with all the ETS 31's, sgm and other Korean cheapo mags and magpuls that I have. If it works in your g17, it works in you Kriss. Enjoy the new gun. You're gonna love it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear. I'd mainly stick to Glock factory stick mags. But maybe get some cheaper ones for range use. I thought I read issues about the ETS mags. But maybe they were early ones. I guess people got them to work. But had to do some sanding. And from my little reading. The Korean mags usually work.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wanted to add one thing I've noticed with ETS Glock mags. I own 40+ ETS 9mm Glock mags in various capacities, and haven't had any issues using them in my Glocks. But they all have one thing in common, and that is when they are loaded to full capacity, they tend to swell or expand a bit more that OEM Glock mags. This is because they lack the metal liner that the factory Glock mags have.

The additional swelling has not caused any malfunctions for me, but I noticed some of the ETS mags will not drop free from the pistol when fully loaded (I could care less about that.) I have not experienced this with any factory Glock magazine.

From some of the info I've read with the Vector 9mm and ETS 31 round magazines, people weren't able to fully seat the magazine into their Vector. Some then stated that Glock OEM 33 round magazines worked just fine. I think the Vector has a tighter magwell, and ETS mags swelling slightly when fully loaded might be causing the issue. Just something to consider, and not a knock on ETS mags. I like them a lot myself.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just wanted to add one thing I've noticed with ETS Glock mags. I own 40+ ETS 9mm Glock mags in various capacities, and haven't had any issues using them in my Glocks. But they all have one thing in common, and that is when they are loaded to full capacity, they tend to swell or expand a bit more that OEM Glock mags. This is because they lack the metal liner that the factory Glock mags have.

The additional swelling has not caused any malfunctions for me, but I noticed some of the ETS mags will not drop free from the pistol when fully loaded (I could care less about that.) I have not experienced this with any factory Glock magazine.

From some of the info I've read with the Vector 9mm and ETS 31 round magazines, people weren't able to fully seat the magazine into their Vector. Some then stated that Glock OEM 33 round magazines worked just fine. I think the Vector has a tighter magwell, and ETS mags swelling slightly when fully loaded might be causing the issue. Just something to consider, and not a knock on ETS mags. I like them a lot myself.
View Quote
That makes sense with what I've read. Some say ETS mags won't work in their Vector 9mm. And some say they work in theirs. Some of the negatives have been recent posts in the last few months.

Thanks for the insight.

I've got all Glock mags right now. But I'll probably pick a couple up to try out down the road.

I'm getting the Kriss for a new car gun. The Glock mags should be the go to mags. And down the road, proven reliable. ETS, etc should be at least decent range mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top