Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 12:02:28 PM EDT
I'm doing a few upgrades to my Scorpion and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

1. I'm getting an SBT EVO Side Folding Pistol Brace

2. I want to get a safety delete of some kind, so the right side safety doesn't dig in my hand. This one seems ok, but I was also considering replacing the actual safety as well.

3. I would love to replace the grip with something like this.

4. I'm looking for an angled foregrip. I know about the standard Magpul one, but if there's something with a little more grippable area, that'd be awesome.

Is this allowed on a pistol without a tax stamp? Stark Equipment SE-5 Express Grip

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get that grip to fit let us know
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty sure the stark angled grip falls into the NFA vertical grip range.

HBI Trigger spring is a MUST HAVE ITEM you loose like 6lbs of trigger weight. Take your pick on aftermarket safeties, I like the look of the apex low profile ones, but I am currently running parker mountains. Also may want front and rear QD slots. another must have item is a paddle style mag release lever, once again plenty of choices hbi, shooters element, gearhead etc.

as for the pistol grip there are not many options at the moment, the apex is too skinny, the pakse pathfinder is too straight and the yeti is just about right being "slightly" straighter than factory but 2-3 years later still cost too damn much for what it is.

look into the Night Strike Angled grips they look like a good match, I'm running Vendetta Precision on mine:

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget about replacing the pitiful charging handles.   I replaced mine with a great oversized Manticore Arms charging handle and moved the pitiful one to the right side as a backup.   That upgrade takes like 10 seconds to do and worth every penny.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pretty sure the stark angled grip falls into the NFA vertical grip range.

HBI Trigger spring is a MUST HAVE ITEM you loose like 6lbs of trigger weight. Take your pick on aftermarket safeties, I like the look of the apex low profile ones, but I am currently running parker mountains. Also may want front and rear QD slots. another must have item is a paddle style mag release lever, once again plenty of choices hbi, shooters element, gearhead etc.

as for the pistol grip there are not many options at the moment, the apex is too skinny, the pakse pathfinder is too straight and the yeti is just about right being "slightly" straighter than factory but 2-3 years later still cost too damn much for what it is.

look into the Night Strike Angled grips they look like a good match, I'm running Vendetta Precision on mine:

https://s25.postimg.org/hpjt3ah4v/Selene2.jpg
View Quote
Stark grip is good to go on a pistol. Can't get link to hotline via phone. ATF letter at thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_122/646635_Stark_Angled_foregrip_legal_on_pistols_.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
would have to run it pretty far forward though, since the lower has to pivot to remove it. I used to use the afg2 but where it was comfortable "further back" my lower would remove without taking the grip off
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Parts I've switched out or added-

Yeti Wurks Switchback grip
HBI Delta trigger
HBI trigger springs
HBI Delta charging handle
PMM front and rear QD sockets
PMM extended dimpled safety lever on left side
GHW safety right side
GHW paddle mag release
GHW Tailhook Mod1

This is how I have mine set up currently-
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
This one is mine.  I'm not done yet.  It is a "mini K" conversion.  Have a factory CZ carbine muzzle brake coming in for it and a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot.  It has an HB Industries safety delete(runs $13).  It has the SBT Evo folding brace.  This one has had the barrel shortened to 5.3" by Morgan at Class III Machining and threaded to 1/2x28.  It also has the HB Industries aluminum "mini k" flat handguards.  Has a Nelson Precision aluminum flat "Stinger" trigger.  I'm leaving the factory pistol grip on it - but I do have a Talon wrap for it coming in (about $17).  It's also has the HB Industries trigger sptring replacement.  Hopefully the other stuff all gets in tomorrow.

Earl

It kind of goes good with this:(don't think I'm going to SBR the Evo though).

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had my scorpion since mid-2015. It's seen a host of modifications. Those I'd recommend:

HBI trigger spring kit
HBI right side safety delete
HBI flat handguard
Pakse pathfinder grip

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#9]
For the safety, I just dremeled the right side down flush with the assembly. I can still use it as a safety and doesn't dig into my hand anymore. I actually prefer using it to put the gun on safe since the detent is so stiff in the scorpion compared to an AR.

Charging handle I dremeled mostly flat as well since I don't have child sized fingers that would have fit better on the factory curve . Ended up replacing it with a Shooters Element handle though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I installed the HBI spring kit today and what a difference. If you haven't already installed the HBI spring kit you are doing your rifle a disservice.  As another poster mentioned this is a must have for any Scorpion owner.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I see so many people using the Bushnell TRS 25 red dot on the Scorpion
I use the Bushnell 1 x 28 Trophy on mine
I think it is a superior optic as it ihas multiple reticles and is both red or green reticles
You can use a simple dot, just like the Trs 25, but it also also has a circle dot like an Eotech
With a solid circle instead of the pixelated circle of the Eotech
My favorite reticle on it is a crosshairs
I find it just as fast to pick up as a dot, yet also allows precision aiming as it does not obscure the target at longer ranges
The only drawback is that you do need to re zero it if you change reticles
I just leave mine in crosshair mode
I own an Aimpoint and 2 Eotechs and they are great military grade optics
I have 2 Bushnell 1 x 28's and love them on my fun, range guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top