Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2017 1:34:29 AM EDT
I couldn't pass up the deal I got and I had to have the Vector in 10mm. I know there's not alot of the 10's out there but if anyone has experience with any of the calibers I'd like to know what you've found and how you feel about the gun. I've watched all the reviews I can find so I'm looking for personal, individual knowledge and reports. I can't find much in the way of what looks to be honest forum discussion on the matter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
My Vector SDP in .45 has been flawless thus far. The safety lever on the right side kind of digs into my trigger finger, but mines still a pistol (shooting with a sling). A brace or SBR conversion I think should fix that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Factory .45 SBR
Runs well on full power ammo. Early feeding problems turned out to be mag related. Love it, good fun.

9mm Pistol Form 1 into SBR
Runs OK only with round nosed bullets, tons of issues with any HP or flat point bullets.

10mm pistol with brace
This thing is a beast! Recoil is very noticeable
Runs flawless with any ammo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine so far. Newest Gen 2 model in 9mm. I flipped the safety on the right side to stop the digging into my hand. I have had no hiccups at all with any ammo or magazine. The only negative I could think of is there is a slight learning curve to keep from hitting the mag release as you shoot. If you place your and incorrectly, you can end up dropping the mag out. Took that happening twice to correct the problem. I sold multiple 9mm carbines to buy this one and am very happy with the choice to do that.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Picked it up today. Better than I expected.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Form 1 SBR in .45 cal. Gen 2. As long as it's lubed properly it will eat whatever I stuff in it. I like the fact that it uses Glock mags
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#6]
All looking good fellas. Thanks for your replies.

One more question. Is there anything that can be done about the trigger? The long take up and lack of wall is a bit different than what I'm used to. I know it's not a precision gun and what it's designed for, I just like a little more predictability as to when it's gonna go bang.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Shot it yesterday for the first time, wow. The recoil of the 10mm is still snappy but the Vector was relatively easy to control. Follow up shots are quick and easy. I'm in love. The trigger was better than I expected when firing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked it up today. Better than I expected.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435479/20170428-042706-196995.JPG
View Quote
@Calculating

What'd ya give for it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the gen 1 trigger better than the gen 2 trigger.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the gen 1 trigger better than the gen 2 trigger.
View Quote
I disassembled my Gen1 FCG and polished all the surfaces. Trigger is actually pretty nice now, though it was quite a chore.

OP, the Kriss Vector Owners FB group is pretty active. Its better than the Kriss forums or anyplace else I've found on the web.

My only advice is keep lasers off the side rails. They flex a lot if you pull on a vertical grip.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I disassembled my Gen1 FCG and polished all the surfaces. Trigger is actually pretty nice now, though it was quite a chore.

OP, the Kriss Vector Owners FB group is pretty active. Its better than the Kriss forums or anyplace else I've found on the web.

My only advice is keep lasers off the side rails. They flex a lot if you pull on a vertical grip.
View Quote
I don't have FB but I appreciate the info. I haven't found a very active forum either. I'll try the polishing but it's much better in action than I anticipated when I dry fired it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top