Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 11:51:22 AM EDT
Got a TNW ASR 10mm carbine arriving tomorrow. I'm aware there were issues with early 10mm models (no feed ramps, bad extractors).

And sounds like some came with the buffer tubes screwed in too much which didn't allow the buffer to come back far enough.

Any other issues? What ammo runs best for you? What gen factory Glock mags are you running?

I've got some .45 Glock factory mags I'm going to convert to 10mm with some gen. 4 (10-4) followers. Was curious if there's any generation of Glock mag that works better than others. I've only got one Glock pistol in .45 but based on what I've read there's some slight difference in feed height between generations. Although I'm certain a file can fix that too. If this TNW is like my old JRC .45 carbine it'll probably want those rounds to come out as low as possible.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
First trip to the range with my new TNW ASR 10mm was great.

Ran Sig, UMC, PMC, PPU and S&B (all 180 gr. fmj), only had 2 FTF with UMC, no other failures.

Only shot to 25yds but grouped as well as my JRC .45 carbine (which I sold for the ASR).

Much lighter/compact than the JRC as well. Although the grip & stock aren't great, swapped the tapco SAW grip for a BCM gunfight and an m4 stock from my parts bin. Still a pretty short reach to the trigger, an Ergo Tactical deluxe grip will help. Trigger is mediocre but still better than my SUB2K. VERY easy to take down for cleaning since the barrel is removable and the trigger group comes off with two take down pins.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pistol that I bought the rifle components for and can run it as a pistol or a rifle. It started out with some problems when I installed the rifle parts but TNW was extremely helpful with correcting several issues.

It is pretty accurate with my handloads, about 4.5 MOA. I found that my 10mm barrels, pistol and rifle, like the heavier bullets. I'm using 200gr XTPs for my loads.

The only thing that I REALLY don't care for is the trigger. After a long range session, my trigger finger tip is numb.

I straightened out the trigger as much as I could and that helps. If I could get it completely straight and could get some additional metal TIG welded onto the sides, I don't think the trigger would be an issue any more.

ETA: I stoned the bottom of the hammer and that smoothed out about 50% of the grittiness I was feeling during the trigger pull.

Good luck with yours and enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I really want to get the 10mm conversion parts for my 9mm.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top