Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 6:16:41 AM EDT
So like a lot of us right after the EVOs hit the market I added a Manticore 3 lug adapter to my EVO standard barrel when they became available.  Cosmetically it was OK and it served it's purpose.  Fast forward, today there are many more EVO 3 upgrade options available.  I ran across the ILT (In Lead We Trust) 3 lug barrel assemblies and HBI's free floating handguard and decide to go for it.

In order from left to right.  Original barrel, ILT full length 3 lug, ILT shorty 3 lug.  Bought one of each length (one upgrade for each EVO).

Because I have a Gen 1, I had to first open up the trigger group area to accomadate the wider Gen 2 feed ramp. ILT will build you a barrel to Gen 1 specs but I wanted to upgrade to the wider Gen 2 feed ramp.  

Original Gen 1 barrel

ILT 3 Lug Barrel wider Gen 2 feed ramp

Gen 1 trigger Housing

Opening up trigger housing to accomadate Gen 2 feed ramp.  Used a fresh carbide end mill for a nice clean cut.

Touch up sharp edges with a file.

Trigger housing fits like a glove.  Add HBI free floating HG, SIG MPX forward pistol grip and Yet Wurks pistol grip.  I am really liking the new look.  Took it to the range in the new configuration and it ran flawlessly.  Runs just as good as it looks and that barrel is super accurate with and w/o the can.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. Thanks for posting the ID of the old lower lug as I was curious to the width of them compared to the current gen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
How does the barrel nut work?  Can you use this the longer ILWT barrel with the Factory Carbine Handguards?  In other words, how does the barrel nut get tightened?  Can you use a socket and extension to reach the barrel nut, or can you only use this barrel with the pistol handguards?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does the barrel nut work?  Can you use this the longer ILWT barrel with the Factory Carbine Handguards?  In other words, how does the barrel nut get tightened?  Can you use a socket and extension to reach the barrel nut, or can you only use this barrel with the pistol handguards?
View Quote
If you look at the short barrel pictured above (second picture) you will notice it does not have a barrel nut.  It is designed to work with the HBI free floating handguard.  ILTs longer or standard barrel does have a threaded section at the muzzle end and is designed to tighten down on the stock handguard.  I believe the carbine handguard and the pistol handguard are dimensionally identical with respect to where the barrel night tightens down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top