Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 7:06:13 AM EDT
I brought my brand new EVO S1 to the range last night and experienced FTF over and over. I was using range purchased Blazer Brass 115gr. Both mags did it. After a shot, it cycled but didn't seat the next round. After pulling the charging handle it would eject the loose round. Examining the round It definitely felt chewed around the rim.

No pictures yet since my shooting buddy threw them back in the box. I'll fish them out later.

Thoughts? I'm new to scorpions and don't know what to look at first.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell us more about your setup?  Any aftermarket parts or modifications?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I brought my brand new EVO S1 to the range last night and experienced FTF over and over. I was using range purchased Blazer Brass 115gr. Both mags did it. After a shot, it cycled but didn't seat the next round. After pulling the charging handle it would eject the loose round. Examining the round It definitely felt chewed around the rim.

No pictures yet since my shooting buddy threw them back in the box. I'll fish them out later.

Thoughts? I'm new to scorpions and don't know what to look at first.
View Quote

Shit weak garbage ammo. Shoot a few hundred rounds of Winchester 124 grain NATO first to break the rifle in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The only aftermarket part is the safety delete. I think HB?
It is fresh out of the box otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Try different ammo before you start working on it. As stated try some nato ammo it will help marry the parts and break it in faster. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
is it the winchester in the 100 round boxes? I'm getting a refund from them now for a bad batch... I pulled a few and they had full powder so I popped some of the primers out of the brass on my T7 press to see wtf and the flash holes are drilled totally off center all the way to one side. I was getting short strokes, obviously from bad ignition.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
nvm he's using blazer brass I missread
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
did you clean it heavily before firing? mine was dripping in thin oil and a really tacky residue on everything. another thing to check is for a barb/burr on the extractor and or rough feed ramps on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all. I've never had issues with Blazer Brass before at the range but I get not everything liking it.

I did not clean it at all, just alittle CLP before running it. I'll break it down today and give it a once over.

More to come.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I was going to ask if you had cleaned it as well. I know mine came with about 3 quarts of oil inside of it, along with a bunch of tacky preservative on several of the parts when new. I spent a good amount of time cleaning and degreasing everything, and was amazed at how much junk was cleaned out of it.

After the initial cleaning, I lubed everything with some Slip2000 oil or grease as needed. I have only had it out once so far, but put 150 rounds through it without any issues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep us posted
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I gave it a good cleaning this week. It won't shoot it until tomorrow. I found some boxes of Winchester NATO and I'll start with those.

Cleaning wasn't bad, There wasn't a ton of grease on it. I did notice some wear on the bolt which seems alittle too excessive for the 10-15 rounds I put through it. Cleaned it and added alittle tw25 on the metal to metals spots. CLP elsewhere.

Trying for a picture of ammo. The rims have a flat on them. Hard to make out.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, I was thinking I would wrap a patch around a brush and chuck it in the drill.  Soak in Hoppe's and scrub the chamber/feed ramp.

Doc
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]
if the excessive wear you're talking about are smoothing marks on the rear of the bolt or dents on your hammer , we all have those and once they get to a certain depth they stop. 3000 rounds later and still runs like a champ. I slightly rounded the rear area of the bolt that contacts the hammer way back when for the heck of it just to keep a hard squared edge from slamming into the hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top