Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 1:13:07 AM EDT

Anyone have a chance to fondle one? Does it have the same stock mount as TP9?

This thing is based on the Sphinx 3000, one of the best pistols ever made.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will it be imported to the US (for civilian sales) - don't hold your breath. 
View Quote
Dakota Tactical has them available for preorder.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion the forend needs to be longer so you can put a vertical foregrip and the APL.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Will it be imported to the US (for civilian sales) - don't hold your breath. 
View Quote
It was already approved recently. Will be in stock available soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In my opinion the forend needs to be longer so you can put a vertical foregrip and the APL.
View Quote
With the design it is meant to be holstered for normal duty use and the stock is really only a just in case use. Fore grip would prevent the holster use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fIRAAtaPE
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks goofy as all helllllll.

It's a CZ-75-type with a micro-stock.

A KPOS Glock would beat the balls off of that... and run on Glock mags, use Glock parts, run like a Glock...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It was already approved recently. Will be in stock available soon.
View Quote
How are they importing them for civilian use?   Unless I'm missing something that's a SBR, and I thought the cutoff for imported NFA stuff was 68.  Unless of course they're coming in as pistols and you can add the stock...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How are they importing them for civilian use?   Unless I'm missing something that's a SBR, and I thought the cutoff for imported NFA stuff was 68.  Unless of course they're coming in as pistols and you can add the stock...
View Quote
Coming in as a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Kinda weird claiming it as the perfect anti terrorist gun when its basically just a 9mm handgun with a stock...
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kinda weird claiming it as the perfect anti terrorist gun when its basically just a 9mm handgun with a stock...
View Quote
It seems to me it would be a huge step up over a pistol in a lot of cases.  It's not much bigger and will fit in a holster.  It has or can have optics, a light, and a stock.   I think it would be worth giving it a good test.  Should make head shots on guys who might blow up easier if nothing else.

Althought when I watched the video I couldn't help but think of some video, I think it was Forgotten Weapons w/ a handgun that had a folding stock

Here it is.
Benke Thiemann Folding Luger Stock
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Small Rifle > Large Pistol
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Small Rifle > Large Pistol
View Quote
The gun you have on you all the time > the one in the safe or the car.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With the design it is meant to be holstered for normal duty use and the stock is really only a just in case use. Fore grip would prevent the holster use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fIRAAtaPE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know what it is intended for!

But it is being released for sale in America, for the civilan market, I will buy one in a heart beat and SBR it the second I get my hands on it of they release a version with a slightly longer barrel and dust cover so it can use the Inforce APL and a vertical foregrip.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
What is your point with that statement... is anyone planning on CCW-ing this slapass abortion??
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What is your point with that statement... is anyone planning on CCW-ing this slapass abortion??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was addressing the use they are marketing it for.  I virtually never see LEOs w long guns out.  Something like that if it worked beats the better one they don't have with them.  As a SBR it wouldn't work for CCW in a lot of places anyway.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:I virtually never see LEOs w long guns out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:I virtually never see LEOs w long guns out.
I see long guns slung every day... in every place.

In the lobby, on the metro, at fixed sites... even dorks writing speeding tickets on the side of the road have an M4 at arms reach.

Quoted:
Something like that if it worked beats the better one they don't have with them.  As a SBR it wouldn't work for CCW in a lot of places anyway.
It's an el Camino.

- A blocky, awkward pistol 99.9999995% of the time you have it- carrying it around banging into door frames and chairs and cars.
- An underpowered, awkward rifle when it's time to flip the stock and get bizz-ay... during which time you'll probably get tagged anyway.

I see no advantage to this... and quite a few disadvantages.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty meh on that.

The G17 is the greatest combat handgun ever made and there are plenty of kits that allow for better smg-ing of it that this thing.  And cheaper.  And had foregrip attachment snd allows attachment of a light too.

Sorry, but this thing has been done before (not even recently fwiw) and it just never takes off that well.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I see long guns slung every day... in every place.

In the lobby, on the metro, at fixed sites... even dorks writing speeding tickets on the side of the road have an M4 at arms reach.

It's an el Camino.

- A blocky, awkward pistol 99.9999995% of the time you have it- carrying it around banging into door frames and chairs and cars.
- An underpowered, awkward rifle when it's time to flip the stock and get bizz-ay... during which time you'll probably get tagged anyway.

I see no advantage to this... and quite a few disadvantages.  
View Quote
M4s are not cool anymore. It's not 2006.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pretty meh on that.

The G17 is the greatest combat handgun ever made and there are plenty of kits that allow for better smg-ing of it that this thing.  And cheaper.  And had foregrip attachment snd allows attachment of a light too.

Sorry, but this thing has been done before (not even recently fwiw) and it just never takes off that well.  
View Quote
HK USP is better.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pretty meh on that.

View Quote
I have my doubts about how well it will work, but I think it would be worth testing before claiming it's a piece of junk.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have my doubts about how well it will work, but I think it would be worth testing before claiming it's a piece of junk.  
View Quote
An SBRed Sphinx 3000 pistol cannot be junk by definition.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

An SBRed Sphinx 3000 pistol cannot be junk by definition.
View Quote
LOL... really?

What abouuuuut... an Ed Brown Special Forces... with a keychain whistle hanging from a lanyard loop... and a Happy Birthday balloon tied off to the trigger guard?

Junk? Or maybe just a completely stupid concept...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL... really?

What abouuuuut... an Ed Brown Special Forces... with a keychain whistle hanging from a lanyard loop... and a Happy Birthday balloon tied off to the trigger guard?

Junk? Or maybe just a completely stupid concept...
View Quote
Guys like you are the reason the industry has become bogged down with boring AR variant after boring AR variant.

You sir, are lacking in taste.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hahaha... seriously?

That looks like something George Kelgren cooked up after snorting a bunch of pain pills...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Personally I see a beautiful and innovative gun worthy of a place in my safe and a Form 1.

Why are you posting in the PCC section if you firmly believe that PSA lego rifles are so much more superior?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Edited.  You have made opinion very clear already.  If you cannot keep your comments technical and constructive, please stay out of this thread (and this forum, for that matter).  Critical and dissenting opinions are fine, but disrespectful comments and constant repetition are not.  - HS

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hahaha... seriously?

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IMG_9998.jpg

That looks like something George Kelgren cooked up after snorting a bunch of pain pills...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha... seriously?

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IMG_9998.jpg

That looks like a way to get the base gun and form 1 it to me.   
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That looks goofy as all helllllll.

It's a CZ-75-type with a micro-stock.

A KPOS Glock would beat the balls off of that... and run on Glock mags, use Glock parts, run like a Glock...
View Quote
Oh to the contrary,  if its a CZ 75 type firearm it is vastly superior to the highly over rated Glock.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#29]
The stock is from the .380.  

The USW is marketed for European police departments not US consumers.  They wouldn't be building them if they didn't sell.  

God forbid a manufacturer does something odd-ball that no one else has provided.  How many people would love a SBR semi M93R for cool points?  How many people do you know with Class II weapons that scoff at the idea of using them in personal defense?

Kudos to them for giving the ATF one to chop up.  

There are a bunch of Philistines on this fucking board.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top