User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

IF things went south with Turkey and their K-Guns/ PDWs/ MP5s were no longer importable, it would be a tremendous loss to the shooting community.

IF SIG decided to tap out after Version 3.6, Block II, Rev A of the MPX, very few people would even notice.

MPX is like a blockier version of a Colt SMG with AR-18 springs and a gas system.
View Quote
I know I'd miss the Gen 2, but since this is more of an original design instead of a bastardized 550 there's hope they'll stick with it.

I'm even considering an MCX because of how nice the MPX is. The one I handled at the LGS felt pretty smooth.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Honest question- have you ever shot the APC9, or are you just basing that on webpics, price tag, and the fact that it comes from Switzerland?

APC9 is a dumb blowback gun- no different than the UMP-junker, the Taurus CT-9, or Scorpion EVO (IMO, the best in this class).

MPX was just another one of SIGs recent failed experiments.

MP5 is still king.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The APC9 is in a class above the HK MP5 and is worth the cost if you can afford it.
Honest question- have you ever shot the APC9, or are you just basing that on webpics, price tag, and the fact that it comes from Switzerland?

APC9 is a dumb blowback gun- no different than the UMP-junker, the Taurus CT-9, or Scorpion EVO (IMO, the best in this class).

MPX was just another one of SIGs recent failed experiments.

MP5 is still king.
Yes, I have shot ~500 rounds through it so far.  Flawless function so far with 115gr PPU, 124gr Speer Lawman, 115gr S&B, 124gr MEN, 124gr Speer GoldDot HP & 147gr Winchester Ranger HP.  It shoots nearly as smooth as the 9mm MP5 family roller-lock guns (thanks to it's hydraulic buffer that the other blowbacks don't have), has fully ambi controls, LRBHO, and a good trigger out of the box.  My only gripes so far about the APC9: mags don't drop free (not a big deal since I'm used to HK mag changes) and the safety lever is a little stiff (it's slowly smoothing out).

If I was in the market for a $1500 9mm PCC, I'd save for a little while longer and take a good look at the APC9....nothing wrong with any of the other fine guns mentioned above^

Requisite pic because...rules:
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Could not justify another PCC, like my scorpion too much. Bought a STI DVC Carry instead.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top