Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 9:52:28 PM EDT
I know this has been asked before and that the answer is generally that some malign the wobble is normal, but having never used a 3 lug setup before I wanted to check before I shoot. Silencer and muzzle device are Griffin Armament, 3 lug module is Rugged. 

Normal or excessive?

ETA: Hopefully video works this time. 

https://youtu.be/tk5JSi6_UnY
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link is broke so I cannot see what your posting.  I have small rotational "wobble" not even 1/16" if I really try to spin it.  Rugged 3 lug and hkparts adapter.

This new adapter has better lockup and less wobble than my original 18mm adapter from HKParts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had some wobble on my liberty mystic set up which they said was normal. I got an end cap strike the first time out with it. I have since ditched the 3 lug set up in favor of the hybrid and asr mount. The wobble was in all directions, up and down, side to side, and rotational. I called them twice and emailed them before I took it out and was told "some" play is normal, but wouldn't/couldn't define how much that was. What I would do is look down your barrel and move the can around and see if the can stays aligned.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Video link in OP. I have no idea why it won't embed. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like a bit much, but it is hard to tell because the gun and your finger move in addition to the mounted adapter moving.
trim 0C261D49 F68D 4CE7 8C71 77F5C83FF228
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a MPX, HKParts 3Lug, and a Rugged Suppressor/3 lug adapter.  I an hear a click when I wiggle it (spring), but no noticeable or measurable wobble.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like a bit much, but it is hard to tell because the gun and your finger move in addition to the mounted adapter moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk5JSi6_UnY
View Quote
I don't like that at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't like that at all.
View Quote
Ya
That seems almost extreme
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I just had a similar situation. I was using a Silencerco 3-lug adapter with an Octane .45 on a HK Parts 3-lug adapter; wobble was consistent with yours. I ran a rod down the barrel and checked it against the movement and found that I was not comfortable shooting the setup. I switched to my Gemtech Multimount w/a 3-lug and the lockup was rock solid.  I would NOT shoot yours as it is and check w/the manufacturer to see if it's out of spec. Otherwise, find a different compatible mount.  It's not worth a baffle/endcap strike.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just had a similar situation. I was using a Silencerco 3-lug adapter with an Octane .45 on a HK Parts 3-lug adapter; wobble was consistent with yours. I ran a rod down the barrel and checked it against the movement and found that I was not comfortable shooting the setup. I switched to my Gemtech Multimount w/a 3-lug and the lockup was rock solid.  I would NOT shoot yours as it is and check w/the manufacturer to see if it's out of spec. Otherwise, find a different compatible mount.  It's not worth a baffle/endcap strike.  
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I agree about not shooting it. 

I called Rugged and left a message but haven't heard back yet. And because I'm sort of pissed that after nine months wait I still can't shoot this damn thing I went ahead and ordered a Griffin 3 lug adapter as well.  

I have Final 4 tickets so it will be next week before I get to shoot it now. (Yes, that was a not so subtle brag :))
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a 3 lug on my Cz EVO and my Raptor II wobbles like crazy.  I emailed gem tech and they said some wobble was normal.  Mine is so much I never fired a round I am convinced there would be a baffle strike.

Adapter is a griffin armament.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#11]
That looks excessive to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I called Rugged and left a message but haven't heard back yet. And because I'm sort of pissed that after nine months wait I still can't shoot this damn thing I went ahead and ordered a Griffin 3 lug adapter as well.  

I have Final 4 tickets so it will be next week before I get to shoot it now. (Yes, that was a not so subtle brag :))
View Quote
#DukeNation

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

#DukeNation

View Quote
As a UNLV fan, I'm as anti Dookie as they come. :)

Spoke with Rugged today.  They believe the problem is an out of spec 3 lug male muzzle device.  I'm going to measure it when I get home tonight.  In the meantime, my Griffin adapter will be here in a few days, so we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
i/ve had shit luck with HKparts 3 lug adapter which ultimately ended in an endcap strike on my Mystic X.

i replaced it with a Giffin Armament 3 lug and although the wobble is still there, it has been reduced noticeably.

ill see if i can get some vid up once im off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the Rugged 3-lug suppressor-side mount with a Griffin barrel-side adapter.  I'm getting a lot of wobble with this combo too.  I'm thinking about trying the griffin suppressor-side mount to see if  "same vendor" parts will lock up tighter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I think  thats excessive and I wouldn't shoot that. I have a AAC TiRant tri-lug and it fits tightly and securely with no movement to speak of.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just realized I never updated this thread.  I ended up going to a Griffin adapter and I am now wobble free.  Apparently there was enough difference in specs between the two manufacturers that the fit was poor.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just realized I never updated this thread.  I ended up going to a Griffin adapter and I am now wobble free.  Apparently there was enough difference in specs between the two manufacturers that the fit was poor.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and input.
View Quote
So now you have a Griffen muzzle device and Griffen adapter?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So now you have a Griffen muzzle device and Griffen adapter?
View Quote
That's correct.  The Griffin muzzle device with the Rugged adapter did not work.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have an Obsidian with the 3 Lug mount on my MPX (barrel chopped to 4.5" and threaded to 1/2x28) however I went with a 3 lug barrel adapter from In Lead We Trust. Rugged had told me they recommended to use a 3 Lug from T.R.O.S. however the wonky ordering process and the cost lead me to try the one from ILWT. Rugged specifically told me not to use either the Griffin or HK Parts adapter with their 3 lug . Anyways, I have no movement, it locks up solid and with the price of the ILWT adapter, based on what I'm reading here I clearly made the right choice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have an Obsidian with the 3 Lug mount on my MPX (barrel chopped to 4.5" and threaded to 1/2x28) however I went with a 3 lug barrel adapter from In Lead We Trust. Rugged had told me they recommended to use a 3 Lug from T.R.O.S. however the wonky ordering process and the cost lead me to try the one from ILWT. Rugged specifically told me not to use either the Griffin or HK Parts adapter with their 3 lug . Anyways, I have no movement, it locks up solid and with the price of the ILWT adapter, based on what I'm reading here I clearly made the right choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intersting. There are a couple people who posted the HK Parts adapter is shit and that's what I have. I'll try the ILWT and hopefully that will work, I really would prefer to put the mystic back on the 9 vs using the hybrid
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Intersting. There are a couple people who posted the HK Parts adapter is shit and that's what I have. I'll try the ILWT and hopefully that will work, I really would prefer to put the mystic back on the 9 vs using the hybrid
View Quote
I'd say that if there is still an issue it would be with the Liberty 3 Lug assembly. Looking forward to the report on how it works out for you, I'm loving my setup.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#23]
that makes mine look like a bank vault by comparison...   Rugged was definitely better than the 3 lug from SiCo.   Rugger has a much stiffer spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top