Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They're here!
View Quote

Yup, grabbed some for testing
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got the email that these were in stock I was pretty exited. Then I read the review posted where these mags had issues being dropped, and the feed lips formed rust between the metal and plastic. I am slightly less exited. I bet these mags end up going through several revisions if that review is accurate.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I got the email that these were in stock I was pretty exited. Then I read the review posted where these mags had issues being dropped, and the feed lips formed rust between the metal and plastic. I am slightly less exited. I bet these mags end up going through several revisions if that review is accurate.
View Quote
I feel the same way. Especially since right now they're priced at MSRP.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If I would have read that review prior to ordering I probably would have waited a bit to see if other people were having the same issues during dropping.  I realize dropping a mag from head height is rare but chest height is normal during training and very often at that.

Hopefully they can figure it out but I'm out on any more until I use mine for an extended period of time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I would have read that review prior to ordering I probably would have waited a bit to see if other people were having the same issues during dropping.  I realize dropping a mag from head height is rare but chest height is normal during training and very often at that.

Hopefully they can figure it out but I'm out on any more until I use mine for an extended period of time.
View Quote
In the same boat with ya, no paddles and only 1 ration.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What's wrong with the 30 rd mags?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
were is this review posted?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
were is this review posted?
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/476163_Review--Manticore---Prepper-32-rnd-CZ-Scorpion-Magazines.html

Failed a few of his drop tests. But have not heard of or known anyone yet to find any faults with theirs. Dropped mine 5ft onto hardwood floor Not intentionally!!! The mag was unscaved, the floor however took sawdust and a few layers of tung oil to fix. The only bitch I'd give manticore mags is they have those round count numbers and lines embossed on the sides that love to dig into mag pouches and snag, but a little 300grit and good to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one to try, got to test it out yesterday and it failed immediately. Mag spring is too weak for it to hold the bolt open on empty.

If you take the spring out and compare it to the OEM mags you can certainly tell they tried to save a few pennies on it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got one to try, got to test it out yesterday and it failed immediately. Mag spring is too weak for it to hold the bolt open on empty.

If you take the spring out and compare it to the OEM mags you can certainly tell they tried to save a few pennies on it.
View Quote
I'd contact either Prepper or Manticore and see what they say about it. I'm sure they'd be interested to hear about this and I am sure they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We did not "try to save a few pennies" on springs, they are sized properly for feeding 32 rounds.

The spring does not hold the bolt open on empty,  the tab onthe rear of the follower pushes up the bolt hold open.

Prepper Gun Shop handles the warranty issues on these, contwct them, let them know how many times you used the mag and how mant times the bolt did not lock open, ie as much detail as you can provide, and they will likely swap you  out for a new magazine.

For the record we have sold several thousand magazines, were all set up with a procedure to track any reported failures, and thus far had zero reported failures from buyers except for your post of one(?) of your mags ot holding the bolt open on the last shot.

I believe you do have an issue and it will get resolved as soon as you make contact, but for record the the function rate has been basically 100%.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I'll send them an email in the morning.

Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Deleted for inaccuracy. Totally thought I had finished the review to only find I was halfway through.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone experiencing double feeds with these mags?  Yesterday I finally got to run mine and it happened three times.  Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do better testing/evaluation, but the 20rd CZ mags showed no problems.  

Both MA and CZ mags had 115gr American Eagle in them.  The double feeds happened at the top and middle of the MA mag(s).

More T&E to come but with the number of mags sold I would think there might be others with this issue?  I can't have that bad of luck!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone experiencing double feeds with these mags?  Yesterday I finally got to run mine and it happened three times.  Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do better testing/evaluation, but the 20rd CZ mags showed no problems.  

Both MA and CZ mags had 115gr American Eagle in them.  The double feeds happened at the top and middle of the MA mag(s).

More T&E to come but with the number of mags sold I would think there might be others with this issue?  I can't have that bad of luck!
View Quote
No foublefeeds in my first try with one today, but had approximately 1 jam every twenty rounds.  Two different brands of brass cased ammo had the same results.  The jams were the type where the bullet wouldn't go into the chamber and were up at an angle so that the bullet hits the top of the chamber wall.  

My sample of one leaves me a bit dissapointed since I've shot around 1500 hundred rounds with the factory mags with zero malfunctions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I had this issue yesterday, however I'm not 100% sure it was the mags.

I took 3 Manticore mags out and had double feeds and the occasionally failure to go back into battery (removing the mag would allow it back into battery).  I was having failures every 5-10 rounds.

Today I took the CZ and Manticore mags out to verify they functioned correctly before contacting Manticore.  I did not have any failures in either the CZ or Manticore mags today.

The only difference about today from yesterday is that last night I trimmed down my Yeti grip where it meets the trigger guard to allow me to remove the trigger pack without removing the grip.  I'm wondering if the the grip was forcing the trigger pack to shift slightly and causing the ejector to contact the mag in an unexpected way.   Either way my test is inconclusive.  I'm gonna have to shoot it a lot more to see if it's truly resolved.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought two and have had good results.  This first couple of times I loaded them they were very hard to load past 25 rounds, man they were tight.  However after loading them 3 or 4 times it went easier.  both fed with zero problems.  I am going to use them in USPSA PCC division and I've been practicing speed reloads. They drop free and I've dropped both of them on gravel at least 40 times each  and bang them in, without any ill effects on the mags or lips.  I'm sold on them and plan to order more.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Still having this periodic issue with the MA/Prepper mags. One cartridge will be partially in the chamber while another will be below it, sandwiched by the bolt preventing it from fully going into battery.  It's peeling off two at a time for some reason and there is no pattern as to when it does this.  The other day it happened with 5 left in the mag.  This morning there was about 10 left when it jammed up.  Slow fire, rapid fire, doesn't matter. Drop the mag, cycle the bolt to clear the malfunction, reload.  

I have three mags and it's happened with two of them so far.  Again, no problems with the factory 20rd mags.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have you called or emailed us and given us detailed information on the issues you are having?

I just by chance stumbled on this thread tonight to see you posted today and back in april you are having  the same issue with your mag, which leads me to believe that you have only posted about it and never contacted us to let us know you are having an issue or give us a chnace to resolve it.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
You are correct, I have not contacted you yet as I was still trying to figure out what was going on because I have only had the mags out three times since April (today being the third time) and wanted to see if it was a fluke or if it was somewhat repeatable.  My post(s) weren't made to complain but rather to seek other's experiences with this mag to see if I was the only one having this issue.  If it was just one mag I'd say it's an oddball (for whatever reason) but with it happening to two of the mags it makes me scratch my head a bit.

ETA: Is there anything I could look for that would help in the troubleshooting? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I just picked up 4 of these mags, in preparation to SBR my pistol.

I did two mag dumps today in the front yard, no issues, shooting 158gr PPU and supressed.

I think that this will be right on par with my MP5 clone once the ATF allows me to exercise my rights, at 1/2 the cost.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Feed lips broke off on a FACTORY mag today. (Was a spare I took out for range time).

Ordered 3 of the prepper/manticore today. Mixed reviews in this thread, to me.

When they come in I'll run some 115 FMJ and some 147Gold Dots through them with and without can and post back. May be a week or three depending on when they ship.

My scorpion is 922r/SBR all factory parts except for a trigger spring.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Was the mag that broke the old style mag or the newer mags that have "USA" on the bottom of them.  The newer mags were supposed to address the feed lip issues and are a lot less brittle.   The feed lips have a different cut to them as well.  

Quoted:
Feed lips broke off on a FACTORY mag today. (Was a spare I took out for range time).

Ordered 3 of the prepper/manticore today. Mixed reviews in this thread, to me.

When they come in I'll run some 115 FMJ and some 147Gold Dots through them with and without can and post back. May be a week or three depending on when they ship.

My scorpion is 922r/SBR all factory parts except for a trigger spring.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a CZ USA mag. Technically it says that on the bottom, but that is from the 922r kit. The mag itself is the original from ~6/2015 along with all my others.

edit: contacted CZ about replacing it, and the rest from the same batch/time frame.

In the mean time, very interested in trying the metal feed lips from Manticore.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I am sure CZ will take good care of you on the one that broke.  I have heard a couple people on this forum state that CZ would only replace magazines that actually broke.  But I hope they swap them out for you.    I have all the USA mags and haven't had any trouble with them.  If I hadn't already bought a good bit of scorpion mags, I would have bought the Manticore mags for sure.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Cz warranty via website. Who emailed me back and said to contact parts dept. so I'll give them an email tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top