Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 11:00:48 PM EDT
Just picked up a new Kriss Vector SDP 9mm pistol with the latest change for 2017. It kind of caught me off guard and so I figured a few pics may help sway someone else one way or the other. Or, maybe it will just help to insure you buy the right accessories to go with it.

So the earlier versions, including the now titled "early gen 2's", have an adapter on the rear of the pistol that is pinned on that needs to be removed to put a buffer tube adapter in place for a brace or stock after an approved form 1. The newest 2017 model has eliminated this pinned on adapter in favor of a simple threaded end cap. The rear of the pistol now has a molded in buffer tube adapter saving you the $50+ of the old adapter price. The drawback I have seen right away is you can no longer use the current Kriss folding stock if you go the SBR route. There are also 2 very small Allen head set screws that help to hold the end cap in place. I have ordered the SB brace specifically designed for the Kriss and can't wait to get it in so I can go sight this thing in and do some shooting. After I get it installed and hit the range I'll post back up how it went. Hope this helps someone looking into the newest SDP pistol and how to install a brace if you so desire. Onto some pics. I hope they are pretty self explanatory but let me know if you have any specific questions.

One more thing, I absolutely hate the fact that nobody has a safety delete yet. The safety digs into my hand on the right side. So I unscrewed the safety and turned it 180*. It may not look great, but it feels a thousand times better. I hope someone decides to do a delete somewhere down the road.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just learned the same...  :(

Ordered a black SDP through TSS Warehouse.  Older Gen.2 pictured on the website.  Checking now to see if I'm getting new-old-stock side folder Gen.2... or the new threaded design.

My original plan was to SBR and go with the older-style side folder.  Not thrilled with the new design (though I absolutely understand the engineering strengths).  I will likely cancel my order if it doesn't have the older side-folding lug.

I'll find out tomorrow if I'm continuing my own search, or if 'my' Vector is a done-deal and on the way to my FFL.

Don't know if you've seen this:

Carolina Metal Masters KRISS Vector Safety
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish the Kris had a ambi charging handle
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Was all excited about picking up one of the new ones in 45ACP and come to find out its got 16x1 LH threads for the barrel, so I'd have to have a suppressor just for it.  LAME

I guess I'll have to hold out for a 9mm
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine arrived. Early model Gen.2 SDP with the side folding lugs for a steal at under $1100 after evrything was said & dine.  Form 1 to SBR it sent in the very next day!

IamMunney: you know that most mainstream manufacturers of  pistol-caliber supressors have replaceable end caps, with different threads, right?

I have a Gemtech GM-45 for mine, originally purchased for an FNXT pistol. A direct thread end cap to match the KRISS/HK pitch, without the LID piston (not a tilting barrel), was only $70.

In the sceme of NFA things, It shouldnt stop you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for that.  I knew some of them had the ability to change endcaps, but didnt know it was most of them.  I haven't dabble too much into suppressors but its on the list of things to start acquiring this year.

Whered you get your for under 1100?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'll be bumping this one up to sooner rather than later. I want a sidefolding 10mm SBR. Got to find me a 2016 pistol
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you guys seen the law tactical folding stock adapter?

Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter

Could be just the ticket for this application.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice option going forward, but I do want one that is configured with its original side folder.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm waiting for the .40 SW carbine to come out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top