didnt see this posted here just came across it on the Scorpion forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XpOcOCxY6A

Scorpion bump fire
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, interesting
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
looks to me like his finger is not pulling the trigger each time part of the grip is not sure if the atf would consider that a shoe string.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks to me like his finger is not pulling the trigger each time part of the grip is not sure if the atf would consider that a shoe string.
View Quote

Yeah, he is "pulling" a trigger under the trigger guard which has a bar that pulls the regular trigger?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, he is "pulling" a trigger under the trigger guard which has a bar that pulls the regular trigger?
View Quote

I'm no "letter writer" but damn that looks sketchy
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Trigger now outside the trigger guard right near the grip? No thanks and stupid. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I see a OOB kaboom just waiting to happen. That rate of fire seems higher than the FA version. Another video shows him bumping it at a much faster rate. Doesn't the FA version have a rate reducer ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Id much rather have a Binary trigger system but for 60 bucks id buy this for play
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see a OOB kaboom just waiting to happen. That rate of fire seems higher than the FA version. Another video shows him bumping it at a much faster rate. Doesn't the FA version have a rate reducer ?
View Quote

The full auto one does have a retarder/cam to reduce the speed. On CZ forum I mentioned this as well. Worries me as to, but I'm no expert. Also my parts terminology may be incorrect also. lol
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing earth shattering.  He just recreated the grip portion of a "slide fire stock".  The difference here is the butt of the stock slams the shit out of your shoulder because to operate this device you push the rifle forward which forces you to pull the trigger.  With the slide fire the stock is attached to the grip/finger rest.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Id much rather have a Binary trigger system but for 60 bucks id buy this for play
View Quote

I'm waiting for that binary trigger too . Whoever makes it will make a killing in sales
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump firing is pointless and dangerous and a waste of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet you're fun at parties
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's nice...

Meanwhile I'll keep ringing steel
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes,  I will confirm the scorpion isn't safe to bump.   I like to play with it,  and can bump most any semi (just cause,  need no other reason), but on third mag had an OOB.  Detonated half way into the chamber.   Luckily didn't hurt anything,  but won't be running the scorpion that way.

Just my .02

Doc
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Wouldn't the firing pin block have prevented that from happening ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top