Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 4:32:30 PM EDT
I saw lots of pictures and a couple of youtube videos on this brace for the scorpion pistols.  I just ordered one today and wanted to see if anyone here has one and what your thoughts are in them.

Do you like the quality and is your folding lockup nice and solid?  Does it look like quality or is it cheap looking?

I have an SB retracting brace for my Sig MPX and I love it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I really like it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and I really like it a lot.
View Quote

This. 

Although IMO they're kind of pricey. I paid $200
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Really dig mine.  Solid lock up and not flimsy at all.  Pricey but worth it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Where are you guys finding the SB folding brace? I can't find them in stock anywhere.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine for $150. Like it a lot. Very solid lockup, installed easy, works great.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are you guys finding the SB folding brace? I can't find them in stock anywhere.
Thanks
View Quote

Prepper Gun Shop has some coming in this week or next.  I got mine from ffsales.com for $193 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Must be popular. None in stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
So I finally got mine in the  mail and installed it.   There is a screw hole that is threaded that is front of the folding release button.   There is no screw that comes with the unit, and the stock has no wobble, so I am not sure why the hole is there.  At first I thought it could be for a tension screw, but when you look through the hole, it lines up on a seam and not an ideal place for a screw to press against the receiver.  

The unit looks nice, but not as nice as the SB brace for the MPX, in my opinion.  The SBTEVO is more polymer than most of the other models and has a lot less metal parts or reinforcements.  

I wish SB Tactical would  make a retractible brace for the Scorpion that looks just like the retractable stock available for the scorpion, or make one similar to their retractible brace for the MPX.  That would be badass.

All in all, it is a nice brace and looks good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I emailed sb tactical they said folding braces should be back in stock this week.  A folding brace is going to be the deciding factor on a pistol or carbine for me
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both the carbine and the pistol, and by far, the pistol is my favorite now with the brace.   The carbine is awesome, but is much longer.  I have the one with the fake suppressor on it and it looks great.  

Quoted:
I emailed sb tactical they said folding braces should be back in stock this week.  A folding brace is going to be the deciding factor on a pistol or carbine for me
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I may be late to this thread, but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway - hopefully they help. I bought one through Optics Planet about a month ago and am very happy with it (I think I paid 180-190 with a website coupon offer).  It seems to be pretty sturdy and when extended, it balances the gun very well. When it's folded to the side, there is a nice friction that holds it close to the gun.

ETA: I'm not sure if the EVO will be able to eject spent casings while the SBTEVO is folded as I have not tried it yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Are they going to make these in FDE or just black
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I would assume it will eventually come in FDE, but seeing as how they can't keep black in-stock, it may be a while.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered a black one from optics planet
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just ordered a black one from optics planet
View Quote
Estimated to ship within 1-4 months.  

I hope it's sooner than that as I'd like to get one myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top