Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 7:56:52 AM EDT
I've decided to skip the keltec and go for the scorpion I'm actually selling one of my ARs to friend to pay for it not big loss just a psa freedom rifle.

So the question is now do I go  carbine or the pistol? I have no immediate plans to sbr so if I get the pistol I would want a side folder with a brace Ya know so I can rest my cheek on it but the price of each I'm at the cost of a carbine with a factory stock and mlok handguards
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This comes down to personal preference. I have no interest in a 9mm with 16" barrel. So I would get the pistol with brace and consider SBRing it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]
^^^

And yet gain FPNI!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like finding a folding brace kit in stock will be a challenge
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I would get the carbine.
You can sbr it later.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I am quite pleased with my carbine, but still plan to buy some accessory parts.  If I buy a pistol, I better be able to CCW the thing.  If I buy something bigger than a pistol, I want to be able to shoulder it.  Shot my EVO with the stock folded once, and it seemed incredibly stupid.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I like being able to carry a pistol loaded in my car.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like being able to carry a pistol loaded in my car.
View Quote

This was my reason for going with the pistol and folding Shockwave brace.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Now if only the tail hook brace was available.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya I'm still pretty torn. Pistol with a side folding brace would make for a compact package for about the same price as the carbine but with the carbine I get a real stock and m-lok attachments which I already have a mvg and light mount I'm not using
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#10]
That brace crap is so ghey.
If you want to SBR it you can do it with the carbine later but be able to correctly shoulder it with a correct stock right now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I was planning on getting the carbine but after putting an AR pistol w/brace together I went with an Evo pistol.
If SBR is your ultimate goal most start with a pistol.
I already have a bunch of PCC carbines so the Evo kinda fills a different roll.

Just for reference,  My Storm carbine is 30 inches long. Evo carbine is 25" folded and 35" extended. Pistol is 16".
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That brace crap is so ghey.
If you want to SBR it you can do it with the carbine later but be able to correctly shoulder it with a correct stock right now.
View Quote
SB Tactical braces are legit..

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#13]
does any one have the brace kit in stock right now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought the Lage folding adapter, then bought the Shockwave and tube from KAK. I like the Lage folding adapter, all metal, and it locks up solid.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I got the pistol when it first came out, fitted it w a CZCustom folding adapter + Shockwave.  The CZC folding unit is pricey but nicely done in alum and solid. It is a very compact package:

Yeah it is not as cool as an SBR'd version, but that's ok, I can buy a case of 9mm for the stamp price

I now have a carbine and it is more fun to shoot.  The CZ factory folding stock is much better! So if you can only buy one, I'd get the carbine.

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I have cash in hand now to buy the pistol. If the sb tactical brace kit come back in stock before I get the cash for the carbine I will order the brace then buy the pistol.

Maybe get the pistol add a Kak flash can and cz carbine handguards
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm big fan of the stock side folder on the scorpion and the carbine would allow you to use that from day one and SBR the thing if you wanted to.

I've had my scorpion ever since the 2nd shipment of them hit US stores in 2015 and went the SBR route and had to wait for them to get factory folding kits in.

I've had the chance to work on dozens of scorpions and I would say that there is no wrong choice here.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#18]
This may be the only time in history that the answer to "this gun or that gun?" isn't "both". In this case: neither. SBR is the only answer for the Scorpion. How you get there doesn't really matter but there are a few variables. Personally, I wanted to run the Manitcore stock and handguard with a short bbl, so I went with the pistol. If I was going to run the CZ stock, I'd prolly start with a carbine just for the US made parts.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Having the pistol in SBR format....  I'd say go with the pistol and SBR it!

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Pistol and then SBR it. My scorpion SBR is probably my favorite gun I own.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:37:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Pistol, who the hell wants a 9mm with a 16" barrel .

Its easier to get to sbr from pistol.

Changing handguards also much easier.

Most the threads posted throughout various forums of anyone having some sort of failure or quality control problems are bitchin about their carbine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Prices of the pistol plus a folding brace kit = the price of the carbine. And no one has the sb tactical brace kit, midway said today they would be in stock now it's next month. Going with the cz folder and Kak kit still puts me at the same price as the carbine and I can't shoulder it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Prices of the pistol plus a folding brace kit = the price of the carbine. And no one has the sb tactical brace kit, midway said today they would be in stock now it's next month. Going with the cz folder and Kak kit still puts me at the same price as the carbine and I can't shoulder it...
View Quote

The ATF recent white pages changes that correct?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The ATF recent white pages changes that correct?
View Quote

Nope, that's just a suggestion to the agency. I got a pistol with a brace hoping that the political winds would blow the other way and reverse that stupid ruling.

William
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope, that's just a suggestion to the agency. I got a pistol with a brace hoping that the political winds would blow the other way and reverse that stupid ruling.

William
View Quote

It was also a opinion from a field agent  that the firearms changes when you shoulder it. The White page is written by the number 2 guy at the ATF. Which is also a opinion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#26]
The question really is do you want the carbine handguard and factory stock, if so I would get the carbine and sbr it. In the long run it would be cheaper to cut the barrel than to buy all the aftermarket accessories.
So if this is the look you want in the long run, get the carbine and cut it later.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The question really is do you want the carbine handguard and factory stock, if so I would get the carbine and sbr it. In the long run it would be cheaper to cut the barrel than to buy all the aftermarket accessories.
So if this is the look you want in the long run, get the carbine and cut it later.
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/C31C5AB2-30C6-4CFC-9E0E-4C1512CC6F99_zpszmjhsuft.jpg
View Quote

Yeah I'm probably gonna hold out for the carbine. If my friend at work gives me 100/week for the AR I'm selling him in 4 weeks I can buy the carbine without any other funds

Also how did you get the gray color?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want to get closest to the real thing, buy the pistol and SBR it.  I went that path and am quite pleased.

No carbine listed on the SMG page at CZ.  http://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/samopaly.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/C31C5AB2-30C6-4CFC-9E0E-4C1512CC6F99_zpszmjhsuft.jpg
View Quote

Having just received my Form 1 back on a pistol, the above is the way I would go today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top