Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 1:34:32 PM EDT
I have a gen 2 sub2k in .40.  Took it to the range and ran out of windage adjustment and I'm still hitting left of center.  I have the sight post to full left as far as it will travel but like i said, still hitting a little left.  this is the first one of these I have had. It seems to shoot a nice group, Just cannot get it to the bullseye.  Should I send it to Kel-tec or is there some fix I can do myself?  I see there are instructions for removing the whole front sight assembly, Is this likely to help?

Thanks in advance.  Otherwise I like it a lot
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull the trigger harder. that should fix it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Kel-Tec.  Is it latching correctly?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I can tell, yes it is latching correctly.  It has functioned fine, we ran about 100 rounds through it yesterday without a hiccup, accept for a mag over insertion issue that seems to be related to ETS mags. no issues with glock factory mags.  If I can get it to shoot straight, we will be in business.  Is there a way I could tell if it is not locking up correctly?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Early on when Gen 1 would latch back, it would often be off center & I'd have to force it over.  10 years later, no issues.

Any alignment issues when you latch it open?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing obvious I can see.  I wondered if the polymer hinge plates might not be perfectly straight, but I don't see anything that looks out of line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Contact Kel-Tec and see what they have to say. They can be helpful at times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the front sight post canted?  I think the gen 2 redesigned the front sight post to correct some issues.  Older gen 2's, I believe, have a set screw front post.

Old:
Attachment Attached File

New:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the front sight post canted?  I think the gen 2 redesigned the front sight post to correct some issues.  Older gen 2's, I believe, have a set screw front post.

Old:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384761/1D4B0A58-92FE-41D6-8FFB-283206FF1093-8021-00000AAFFD407F48-tmp-152968.JPG

New:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384761/IMG-0415-152974.JPG
View Quote

On YouTube, check out NutnFancy's video concerning this issue.  He was instrumental in  getting KelTec to correct the problem with the canting/twisting front site.  The problems was with the early Gen 2 with the set screw..  Apparently it was redesigned and the problem doesn't exist with the later Gen 2's.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW if you have an early gen 2, Kel Tec will replace both the front sight and the barrel if it's the early non-keyed version. Early gen 2s were just held in place with loc title and could rotate slightly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, I was wondering if this could be the case. In looking at the manual instructions for removing the front sight assembly, It does seem to be held in place by a set screw.  It's odd that there is no flat spot or divot for the set screw to seat against, which made me wonder how I would ever get it back on straight if I did decide to take it off. I think I'll let Kel-Tec sort this one out.  FWIW  it groups great, just in the wrong place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top