Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 7:38:37 PM EDT
I've had my CX4 for about four years now and while I like it a lot it's trigger could be a bit lighter and also every once in a while it feels like it doesn't reset on a follow up shot.

Are there any fixed for this or aftermarket parts that could correct this?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy the parts to do the trigger at the link I have added below. The people who have done this upgrade are pleased with it. I have avoided it for years as my CX-4 is one of six PCC's I have and after the DIY trigger job I was OK with the trigger. The trigger is NOT as good as a good AR trigger and never will be. However, after the DIY job its OK for most. I have used mine for years with the home brew trigger job without issue. Its a ten minute job. There is a lot of information out there for anyone who makes the effort to do the search for "Beretta Storm CX-4 DIY trigger job".

I will attach a link for you to one discussion of this, there are many more available. You have to do the search yourself after this however.....

DIY CX-4 trigger job discussion with some diagrams

Replacement trigger for CX-4

Custom made metal trigger parts for CX-4
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the DIY trigger mod, it can be done without disassembling the trigger so you can file just a bit at a time.
Just smoothes and lightens the trigger, but great results for zero cost and 15 minutes of your time.

Sierra Papa is the only source for trigger upgrades I'm aware of.

I followed a step by step from the Beretta Owners forum, it had a drawing of the hammer sear and showed the maximum you can safely take off. I did a little less than that, if you take too much off your Storm won't fire (or will be unsafe).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top