Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 2:01:33 PM EDT
I picked up a PSA 9mm upper and lower last year, fun little carbine but the trigger is awful.

I have a menagerie of triggers in my 556 ar's (G's, Cmc, timney & hyperfire), I'm thinking the Geissele super dynamic 3 gun trigger would be a good fit of trigger pull and quick reset for double taps.  Anyone using one?

In general, what are you using as an upgraded trigger and had good luck with?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
CMC. No issues.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
A very old Geissele SSA.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Geissele SSA-E.  Love that trigger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, sounds like I can go with what I was thinking.

Appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, sounds like I can go with what I was thinking.

Appreciate the input!
View Quote

In those PSA lowers, you can use any standard AR trigger so you should be good to go with the Geissele.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with the ALG trigger. Didn't figure I'd be doing any precision shooting with a 5" 9mm barrel so just wanted a reliable milspec with a bit lighter pull. Works great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA-E.  Love that trigger.
View Quote

This and This
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This and This
View Quote

I was, and still am, a fan of the SSA-E.... but one day I had the opportunity to play with a hyperfire 24-C. I swear I heard music and the sky seemed brighter. I still like the Super dynamic 3 gun for "hammer" type shooting but if you need precision the 24-C is hard to beat... 2 pounds of crisp goodness that rivals some of my bolt gun triggers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was, and still am, a fan of the SSA-E.... but one day I had the opportunity to play with a hyperfire 24-C. I swear I heard music and the sky seemed brighter. I still like the Super dynamic 3 gun for "hammer" type shooting but if you need precision the 24-C is hard to beat... 2 pounds of crisp goodness that rivals some of my bolt gun triggers.
View Quote

SSA-E wasn't meant for lightweight trigger pull though.  I think the application of the Hyperfire 24C and the SSA-E are different.  

Your not the first person I've heard who really likes Hyperfire.  With my abused rifles.. I would trust the Geissele more though.  I might consider buying a 24C just to compare.  I have enough AR's that need upgrades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top