Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 12:28:20 PM EDT
Does anyone have a scorpion with the SBtactical sbtevo brace, the new folding one?   Does it go past the 26 inch defintion of a "firearm"
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it falls short at about 25 and some change.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the brace is not permanently mounted it's NOT counted towards overall length.  

I've always been told flash hiders don't count since they're removable unless they're pinned & welded.

IF a brace DOES count, the shockwave on my Evo can easily be adjusted for over 26" overall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Using the 26" logic that is used on the uzi carbine with wood stock, it would require a tool to disassemble.  
The scorpion with shockwave requires a tool to change size, so one would  THINK as long as it is assembled 26"+ you would be good to go.

If the sbt allows the takedown button to be exposed, likely not since one with small strong fingers could remove it without tool.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The SB Tactical arm brace for the Scorpion EVO requires a tool to press the button through a small hole.  There is no physical way just to remove with your fingers- the hole is way too small.  I am 100% sure of this as I designed and we manufacture the mounting block.

We don't have a gun in current 8" pistol barrel configuration in the shop, but let me know why you need the OAL length with a pistol brace deployed (I can't think of any reason except some weird state law that you would need that info?) and I will see if we can get you the dimension.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I'm guessing he wants to put a vertical fore-grip on it...

I dont think I've seen anyone exploit this rule yet, but most likely because with the brace maxed out to get you 26"+, you wind up with a hideous LOP.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I was curious if it would put it over the magic length to do a vertical forgrip
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't the firearm have to start life as an "Other" on the 4473 for the >26" with a vertical grip rule to apply?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't the firearm have to start life as an "Other" on the 4473 for the >26" with a vertical grip rule to apply?
View Quote

I think with shotguns, yes. However because you're running into a length change modifying the class of firearm here, that wouldnt be the case.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I measured mine and it falls short of 26 inches.  With the flash suppressor removed it's short by 2 full inches and a little more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top