Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2017 9:20:29 AM EDT
While looking at Glock Mag AR lowers it just hit me that maybe a AR lower that took Scorpion Mags would be useful.

Will we see this in the future, or is it a horrible idea?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just personally, I would just get the Evo if I wanted a 9mm that used Evo mags.

But that is just me.

Doc
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just personally, I would just get the Evo if I wanted a 9mm that used Evo mags.

But that is just me.

Doc
View Quote

me as well. my BIGGEST gripe against a AR based PCC, is the buffer tube assembly. a scorpion is probably 1/2 the size of a similar 9mm ar15.  

I could see some people interested in a ar-15 that used scorpion mags, though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Admittedly I'm not very familiar with the 9mm AR platform. But just looking at the mags a big difference would be how they feed. The Scorpion mag is a double stack all the way up to the feed lips. The glock mag narrows to a single. 

Attachment Attached File

Would it require a different bolt style to strip a round from the mag? 
It might not even be an issue. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Just checked a Scorpion mag against an AR upper. The bottom of the upper receiver would have to be opened up a lot to get the wide top of the Scorpion magazine high enough to feed from. Doubt there is enough protrusion of the bottom center of an AR bolt to get into the mag to strip a round.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Another issue to overcome would be how the mags are dropped from the weapon. The scorpion mags are designed for a rear release system whereas Glock and AR mags are side release.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Theres already a guy that has made and tested an uzi mag adapter on the facebook group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GKY8xPPHFc&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The original Uzi mags are double stack/double feed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top