Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 4:10:34 PM EDT
I ordered the adapter from that USmg website to be able to put the can on... but it just hit me while I was shooting my G19 and Illusion.

Pretty sure the ISIS-2 comes with a booster in it like the Illusion.

What do I need to get to be able to shoot the ISIS-2 on a fixed barrel? Is there some type of adapter that I need or will the one I have ordered make it "work"

Sorry if this has been asked... as I'm sure it has but I'm on my phone and can't get to my computer til after dark tonight. Figured I'd go ahead and ask now
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need a fixed barrel spacer. I have no idea where to get one for that suppressor, I'd call Thompson and ask about a stocking dealer or if one is available directly from them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact Brooks at Thompson Machine. Most of the Thompson silencers will work with Gemtech pistons and fixed adapters. I've got a few SG2s (I like big silencers) and the Gemtechs fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Gemtech is what you seek
<-  SG-2 and ISIS owner
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gemtech is what you seek
<-  SG-2 and ISIS owner
View Quote

Is this the one you're using?

^^^Link.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I think LA police gear has the best price I've seen FYI.
That would work but I use a $30 spacer in my Tirant booster assembly to use it on fixed barrel hosts like the scorpion.
I'm not sure if Gemtech makes a spacer but it would be easy enough to make one I bet.
$70 for a fixed barrel mount doesn't seem bad and maybe it saves a little weight but I'm not sure hat matters.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
So I would return/sell the Us machine gun adaptor and send the barrel to a smith of your choice (I like Morgan at Class III machining in TX) and have it rethreaded 1/2x28
$65 and you get a proper barrel and you're not stacking tolerances.

Then get the $65 Gemtech adaptor from LA Police Gear or use PVC or something and make your own fixed barrel spacer.
Google the SiCO and AAC fixed barrel spacers so you're clear on exactly what you're looking for

Or go post in the Gemtech industry forum and ask if they have a spacer that I'm just not seeing...

@PHD
@techstaff
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I would return/sell the Us machine gun adaptor and send the barrel to a smith of your choice (I like Morgan at Class III machining in TX) and have it rethreaded 1/2x28
$65 and you get a proper barrel and you're not stacking tolerances.

Then get the $65 Gemtech adaptor from LA Police Gear or use PVC or something and make your own fixed barrel spacer.
Google the SiCO and AAC fixed barrel spacers so you're clear on exactly what you're looking for

Or go post in the Gemtech industry forum and ask if they have a spacer that I'm just not seeing...

@PHD
@techstaff
View Quote
Morgan is great. He threaded a couple r700 barrels for me. Super fast, friendly, and some of the best prices I've seen.  His threading work was amazing. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you looking for one of these??? Gemtech GM-9 Scorpion Threadmount

Joey
View Quote

Thanks for the reply Joey!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top