Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 5:52:43 AM EDT
Does the EVO run good with the cheap steel cased and aluminum cased ammo ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does the EVO run good with the cheap steel cased and aluminum cased ammo ? -Thanks
View Quote

Yes, wulf n tula work but are not super accurate and are really dirty. CCI aluminum ammo isn't bad it is more accurate than wolf as well and not as dirty.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I've run brass through mine
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think I've run brass through mine
View Quote

This. My carbine runs fine on a Tula steel. I think I have only put 1 mag of brass cased ammo which was Federal HSTs to make sure they cycled.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, good to know.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought people were saying to avoid aluminum cased ammo for it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I ran about 300 rounds of 115 gr wolf through mine this weekend and never had a hiccup.  That was using a suppressor as well.  I mixed in some 147gr lawman and 147gr gold dots; about 100 those too.  Only issue was one of the gold dots got stuck on the feed ramp because I was lazy with the charging handle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoting Manticore_Arms from this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1740268__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Kb__CZ_scorpion_Evo__Blazer_9MM.html&page=2
Blazer Aluminum case is not meant to be used in blowback longarms.  It
even says so on the packaging (or at least it used to as I recall)

&

Better stated, not in blowback weapons (of which I am not aware of any blowback pistols)
The chamber starts to open up before the pressure has dropped enough
and has been known to exceed the yield strength of the aluminum, either
causing the back of the case to blow off, or the rim to get ripped off
by the extractor, or the extractor to pull the whole base off.

I haven't shot Aluminum Cased ammo through the Scorpion after reading that thread.  I did once and don't recall any issues.

Steal has been 100% for me.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I  had cci aluminum  cased ammo loose,but no boxes and was unaware of danger by useing it in blow back guns I guess I'll use up the rest in my glocks. Or is glock a no go with unsupported chamber. Hmm
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Aluminum cased ammo was and may still be what Glock uses to test fire guns at the factory. I have used aluminum cased ammo in all our handguns and the Scorpions. I don't use it now in the 2 scorpions because of the warnings of not using it in Blow Back operated firearms. I myself didn't learn that until just this year.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I used I think a box in mine, then found out later that its not recommended. Haven't used it since in the scorpion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Steel case is ok, aluminium case is no-no for blowback guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Worth reiterating
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Worth reiterating
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth reiterating

I believe you but I'm curious as to why
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth reiterating

I believe it's because aluminum contracts less readily than brass/steel and is still expanded to the chamber walls when the extraction process is started. It's a good way to have the case come apart while in the chamber and stopping your fun.

This is a problem that locked breech guns don't have as there's more time for the case to contract before extraction begins.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Eats steel ammo like candy
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody make steel cased 147gr?  I have a buttload of 147gr Lawman or whatever, but when that's gone, I'd like some cheap plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Burnsy87-   In the Silver Bear line there is a 145gr JHP. The hollow points do not expand in any tests I have seen or conducted personally (and I do not believe they are intended to), but they have cycled and stayed subsonic in everything I have shot them through. They seem to be pretty accurate as well.
Bad news is, I have yet to see it priced any cheaper than the Speer Lawman.

Here's a link to it at SGAmmo, unfortunately they are out of stock.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/silver-bear/50-round-box-9mm-silver-bear-145-grain-hollow-point-ammo-russian-made-steel-case
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top