User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hipoint 995ts With Scope At Gander $309 (this Is On The High End)
Bullpup Kitb$300
Redball 20rnd mag $23

Psa 9mm Ar a2 Style
Lower  glock $259
Upper $449 when not on sale
Glock mag $35 33rnd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I admit that it looks cool, but I don't see the value proposition. I have a 995 because it is cheap, reliable and accurate.  It makes a great home defense carbine and range toy.  My problem is that I could build a 9mm AR or buy a more prestigious brand for the cost of the carbine plus stock.

You are kidding right? I mean I own a collection of PCC's. I have sold several of my 9mm ARs. I have a pretty good handle on what rifles cost. Price a 9mm AR. You can buy this stock and a 995 rifle to put it on for half or less than the average 9mm AR costs.

Bullpup Kitb$300
Redball 20rnd mag $23

Psa 9mm Ar a2 Style
Lower  glock $259
Glock mag $35 33rnd

OK, first, real world:
995's run about $248 where I live. Actually I think I gave $238 for the last one I bought.  High Tower stock. Price is not in, they estimate "$199-$299"  My best guess is they will be around the $199 to $249 range...these guys know people will not spend too much on a 995. So my best guess would be a completed Bull Pup...built on new parts...will be in the $500 range, give or take. Again, people who own 995's already have the rifle so the stock is just a "upgrade" for them. Your PSA, based on your numbers would come in at a bit over $700. Not a bad price but again, its a PSA not a Rock River or CMMG. ( I own PSA gear...I know what its like). So, for the person who already owns the Hi-Point, the people most likely to buy this stock, they are looking at spending say $250.  For this they get a neat looking, dependable Bull Pup rifle.  For the person looking for a Bull Pup, this is a deal. If you currently don't own a 9mm PCC are are starting from zero then the math is different.

Then the question becomes do you want a Bull Pump rifle or do you just want a 9mm carbine?  Different question with different criteria.  If you just want a 9mm carbine then you can compare the $700 PSA to a Hi-Point 995 at $250.  Compare apples to apples. If you are looking for a Bull Pup carbine then you have to compare the $500 Hi-Point to .....???  $1700 quality Bull Pups?  That is the consideration on this kit....Bull Pup to Bull Pup.

PSA doesn't seem to offer a 9mm, .40 or .45 Bull Pup, do they?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OK, first, real world:
995's run about $248 where I live. Actually I think I gave $238 for the last one I bought.  High Tower stock. Price is not in, they estimate "$199-$299"  My best guess is they will be around the $199 to $249 range...these guys know people will not spend too much on a 995. So my best guess would be a completed Bull Pup...built on new parts...will be in the $500 range, give or take. Again, people who own 995's already have the rifle so the stock is just a "upgrade" for them. Your PSA, based on your numbers would come in at a bit over $700. Not a bad price but again, its a PSA not a Rock River or CMMG. ( I own PSA gear...I know what its like). So, for the person who already owns the Hi-Point, the people most likely to buy this stock, they are looking at spending say $250.  For this they get a neat looking, dependable Bull Pup rifle.  For the person looking for a Bull Pup, this is a deal. If you currently don't own a 9mm PCC are are starting from zero then the math is different.

Then the question becomes do you want a Bull Pump rifle or do you just want a 9mm carbine?  Different question with different criteria.  If you just want a 9mm carbine then you can compare the $700 PSA to a Hi-Point 995 at $250.  Compare apples to apples. If you are looking for a Bull Pup carbine then you have to compare the $500 Hi-Point to .....???  $1700 quality Bull Pups?  That is the consideration on this kit....Bull Pup to Bull Pup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I admit that it looks cool, but I don't see the value proposition. I have a 995 because it is cheap, reliable and accurate.  It makes a great home defense carbine and range toy.  My problem is that I could build a 9mm AR or buy a more prestigious brand for the cost of the carbine plus stock.

You are kidding right? I mean I own a collection of PCC's. I have sold several of my 9mm ARs. I have a pretty good handle on what rifles cost. Price a 9mm AR. You can buy this stock and a 995 rifle to put it on for half or less than the average 9mm AR costs.

Bullpup Kitb$300
Redball 20rnd mag $23

Psa 9mm Ar a2 Style
Lower  glock $259
Glock mag $35 33rnd

OK, first, real world:

Gander mountain would be a real world price more than my LGS has them at X price. my price comparison was based on
My problem is that I could build a 9mm AR or buy a more prestigious brand for the cost of the carbine plus stock
 to show this was wrong. You can probably find a Sub2k for around 500 but everything else is 800+

carbine is a carbine. bull pup or not still a rifle.

I own an 4595 so I am looking at this kit as the stand point of 250-300 for the kit or 800+ for a scorpion + is for aftermarket accessories
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the love of all that is good in this world, please give us this with a Glock magwell.
Agreed.

They said on their FB page they cant do glock because of how the action is designed. They will look into making their own mags later on depending how these sell.  until then promags or red ball sport
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]
1911 mags for the 4594 - all it needs is this $30 mag catch

And then you can feed your $500 bullpup from 28 round drums.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]

You don't need tp get your panties in a bunch.  I also don't see the need for cartridge conversions for BP revolvers when used Rugers sell for about $400.
View Quote

I love to see the logic that people apply to their decisions. As a professional technical educator I had to analyze why people perceived things the way they did and why they made the choices they did. Watching people explain their logic is quite interesting. We are fortunate to live in a free country where we have so many choices! Enjoy what ever excites you and remember its your money, your choice.

Lively discussions are so much more fun than dull, pointless chatter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I think if they really wanted this to sell then they would have high capacity  magazine options designed for it. Heck they could patent them and make them propitary to this stock set.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a couple of the Redball mags over the weekend and put a hundred rounds through each. No problems at all.

Just wish they didn't look so goofy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Personally I like this idea as a mod for my 4595. When the 995TS came out I bought one and was happy, but the best thing I did for it was to drop it in an ATI Storm clone stock.

When I bought my first AK I looked at some of the bullpup conversions but wasn't super impressed. I've always wanted a bullpup for the collection.

Yea, for what you have in a new HP rifle and the stock, there are a lot of good options for that amount of $$$. And the factory stock makes for a pretty compact package overall to begin with so there's less to lose in overall length vs a carbine with a magwell forward of the trigger.

My biggest question would be regarding the trigger feel, some bullpup kits have pretty bad triggers.

I'll keep an eye on this one...
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Personally I like this idea as a mod for my 4595. When the 995TS came out I bought one and was happy, but the best thing I did for it was to drop it in an ATI Storm clone stock.

When I bought my first AK I looked at some of the bullpup conversions but wasn't super impressed. I've always wanted a bullpup for the collection.

Yea, for what you have in a new HP rifle and the stock, there are a lot of good options for that amount of $$$. And the factory stock makes for a pretty compact package overall to begin with so there's less to lose in overall length vs a carbine with a magwell forward of the trigger.

My biggest question would be regarding the trigger feel, some bullpup kits have pretty bad triggers.

I'll keep an eye on this one...
View Quote

Agreed the trigger transfer bars used in most bull pup conversions are to flexible and cause terrible trigger pull.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think if they really wanted this to sell then they would have high capacity  magazine options designed for it. Heck they could patent them and make them propitary to this stock set.
View Quote

I would bet that if this stock gets popular a magazine will follow. Costs a lot of money to develop and tool up for a product like that. Once they know the volume is there it becomes worthwhile.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Agreed the trigger transfer bars used in most bull pup conversions are to flexible and cause terrible trigger pull.
View Quote

That is a common problem with most any conversion like this. We will have to wait and see how it turns out. I will go for one of the stocks anyway.....that 995 I have needs something done to it to spice it up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top