Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2016 1:04:15 PM EDT
Tell me about the Micro and mini uzi, The mico uzi seems a lot easier to build, but can the Mini uzi be built from full size parts? I can't seem to find a complete mini uzi parts kit, I already have a fullsize, and love the platform, but i think the mini or micro would be a lot more fun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen any mini parts kits but you can always ask over on the UZI Forum, they would know.  It is pretty easy to make a micro, just find a pistol and get a wire stock from TitleII and weld her up.  I wanted a Micro SBR but also wanted a picatinny rail on top and a side charging handle so the new UZI Pro was the answer for me.  TitleII makes a folding hinge that just bolts on (no welding necessary) so coming up with a suitable stock was pretty easy.  I threaded the barrel and shoot mine suppressed in local 3-gun matches. I was going to do this project later in the year but my local shop called me to say they had an UZI Pro with the serial number (nine eleven).  Couldn't pass it up.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a mini, I think (think) you could do it be having somebody cut down a full size parts kit and receiver. I think that's what Vector did for their minis.

I wonder how much that would cost.

Hmmm...now I'm thinking about this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Back when Vector was making minis they were cutting down full size stuff to fill the gaps they had in their missing parts lots. So I know at least Vector was making it work somehow.

I have a Vector full size SBR and I've always wanted a mini and a micro to go with it, but the prices on them just keep going up and up while the availability just keeps getting worse and worse... and the Uzi pro is just blegh to me.

The last original Uzi pistol I was watching on Gunbroker that had the correct micro trigger guard and later gen improvements went for over 3 grand a while back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 4 or 5 UZI pistols with the first generation trigger guard selling own GB now.  Most of the starting bids are $1,200 with buy it now prices of $2,500.  There are another 3 or 4 with the goofy bent/angled second generation trigger guards selling for the same prices.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are 4 or 5 UZI pistols with the first generation trigger guard selling own GB now.  Most of the starting bids are $1,200 with buy it now prices of $2,500.  There are another 3 or 4 with the goofy bent/angled second generation trigger guards selling for the same prices.
View Quote

Which are all more money than I want to pay for the condition most of them are in.

To me the Uzi pistol / micro is a thousand dollar gun grand total out the door... and to get one, find the stock, have the stock adapter welded on, and have it refinished it is not worth the cost. I'm still looking at two to two and a half grand at the end of the day plus the stamp and engraving. The minis are far more enticing as there are still new in box Vectors floating around and they are turn key guns. All you have to do is swap the barrel and you are done, no welding or refinishing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a century full size that runs like a top, I got lucky.  I also have an Uzi Pro pistol with the folding arm brace.  They are my favorite guns to shoot and I've had some high end 2k guns.  The Pro is very high quality even though it's polymer instead of the old school steel.  They are not very practical if you consider they are heavy for how small they are.  The weight makes it feel like your shooting a BB gun though!  The only downside to the Pro is the sights are pistol sights and when you use the arm brace for a cheek weld the sights become useless.  It's perfect for a Micro dot or reflex sight though.  Mine is super accurate too!  Love Uzis if you couldn't tell!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top