Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered some from KYGUNCO a couple weeks ago; all were cz usa marked new style, 3/16
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My mags from Prepper Gun Shop came today. Mags are 5/16 and CZ USA.

Before ordering I asked if they were the new or old style and in addition to confirming that they were the new ones the CS guy said they're selling like 200 a week!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the CZ FORUM the cracked mag problem is thought in part to be related to lubrication.

Do NOT use Miltec-1.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81913.15
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81913.45
View Quote

GREAT LINKS!

Even the new rounded mags are cracking with Miltec-1.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
midway order came in yesterday. All rounded lip mags
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

GREAT LINKS!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the CZ FORUM the cracked mag problem is thought in part to be related to lubrication.

Do NOT use Miltec-1.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81913.15
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81913.45

GREAT LINKS!

Very telling if not statistically significant.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
So..when I bought my Evo...I bought a metric fuckload of mags to go with it.  This was before there was really any determination ( and to my thinking there still ISN'T a final determination ) as to what the issue was.

Guess what EVERY single damn magazine is?  Yeah.

I am really starting to hate this gun.

Seriously fucking hate it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So..when I bought my Evo...I bought a metric fuckload of mags to go with it.  This was before there was really any determination ( and to my thinking there still ISN'T a final determination ) as to what the issue was.

View Quote

Love the gun.  Hate the sights that can't zero.  Really hate the magazines that might or might not crack and fail leaving me with a paperweight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Love the gun.  Hate the sights that can't zero.  Really hate the magazines that might or might not crack and fail leaving me with a paperweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MagPul MBus sights are what you seek.  I modded my factory sights so that they could be adjusted......and still went back to the magpul sights.  I much prefer them.  As for the mags....I have a feeling we are all screwed.  Thanks a lot of letting us down CZ.  We REALLLLLY appreciate that.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Aren't AR height sights way too high?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Broken? Or just the old style? I've got a dozen or so old style mags. None have broken. All are working fine. This isn't a systemic issue with all the mags.

If your old mags broke, contact CZ and they'll send you new ones that are the new style. If you hate the gun because of internet reports of a few broken mags and all of yours work fine? Tone down the drama.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Broken? Or just the old style? I've got a dozen or so old style mags. None have broken. All are working fine. This isn't a systemic issue with all the mags.

If your old mags broke, contact CZ and they'll send you new ones that are the new style. If you hate the gun because of internet reports of a few broken mags and all of yours work fine? Tone down the drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought 10 of the 30 round mags so far 3 have cracked. 30% is pretty significant in my opinion. And they were all fine until they weren't.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you kept them loaded?  What year?

I have had my mags for just under three months.  Three out of nine are cracking.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have had my mags for just under three months.  Three out of nine are cracking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, loaded. They're between 3 and 11 in 2015.

If your mags are breaking, send them to cz and get new ones.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I just sent them back.  I'm not concerned about right now, but rather five or ten years from now, when they might be irreplaceable.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just sent them back.  I'm not concerned about right now, but rather five or ten years from now, when they might be irreplaceable.
View Quote

Unfortunately, that's a downside of magazines in general. They wear out, and throughout history they've been treated as disposable for that reason.  Stack them deep.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, that's a downside of magazines in general. They wear out, and throughout history they've been treated as disposable for that reason.  Stack them deep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but the problem here isn't typical mags wearing out.  It is brand new mags breaking, often without use, in large numbers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but the problem here isn't typical mags wearing out.  It is brand new mags breaking, often without use, in large numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Numbers of broken mags is, per CZ, still less than a tenth of a percent being reported to them.

Broken mags definitely suck. But it's increasingly looking like it was a bad batch of polymer, combined with the use of certain lubricants that don't interact well with plastic. The gun is fantastic, and the vast majority of the mags work fine. If you're concerned, load all your mags to capacity and beat the crap out of them. If they break, send them to cz and get the new ones.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats the current plan until future unavailability.  While I know that CZ is saying (not publicly though) that they have fixed the problem and that less than 1% of magazines are being returned...that doesn't seem to be the experience of those who have left the mags loaded.  No company is going to admit to a 30% failure rate without a recall though...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had 3 out of 10 crack. I filled out the warranty repair form on their website but have not heard anything from them. Is that how everyone else returned thier mags?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thats the current plan until future unavailability.  While I know that CZ is saying (not publicly though) that they have fixed the problem and that less than 1% of magazines are being returned...that doesn't seem to be the experience of those who have left the mags loaded.  No company is going to admit to a 30% failure rate without a recall though...
View Quote

Most of the threads on boards talking about mag cracks are a few people that have had it happen, and then a bunch of pages of those people talking back and forth, and a bunch of others panicking about their mags and asking questions. There's nothing to indicate it's a far reaching problem, and with the sheer number of mags sold, it'd be a lot more obvious.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Head on over to ETS's Industry forum and help us talk them into making Scorpion mags
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Head on over to ETS's Industry forum and help us talk them into making Scorpion mags
View Quote

I did so. Honestly, the more companies developing mags, the better. Ironically, the nice thing about the scorpion's mags being so cheap is that a lot of mag manufacturers aren't wanting to get into the game because they can't make them cheap enough to make a profit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I did so. Honestly, the more companies developing mags, the better. Ironically, the nice thing about the scorpion's mags being so cheap is that a lot of mag manufacturers aren't wanting to get into the game because they can't make them cheap enough to make a profit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A more durable mag could be worth the extra cost.  I'm thinking anything less than double the current market price of EVO mags with demonstrably superior durability might have a chance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have had 3 out of 10 crack. I filled out the warranty repair form on their website but have not heard anything from them. Is that how everyone else returned thier mags?
View Quote

No

Call them and they will email you a return label. Put a note in the box saying you would like to exchange them because they cracked.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
FYI, I just returned some bad mags with the CZ pre-paid return authorization and was told they are out of the 30 rounders and will have to wait for restock. No biggie I can wait.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most of the threads on boards talking about mag cracks are a few people that have had it happen, and then a bunch of pages of those people talking back and forth, and a bunch of others panicking about their mags and asking questions. There's nothing to indicate it's a far reaching problem, and with the sheer number of mags sold, it'd be a lot more obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

It's really not that widespread. Some individual retailers are sending out hundreds of mags a week right now! I doubt there are even 100 individual people that have experienced a cracked mag (but the first law of internet says that everyone who did, will post about it).

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Thats 200% true..
..but when replacement mags crack as well its when I start to get pissed...
I really love the gun and I really consider it the only mp5 alternative but the mag issue is annoying...

For now I'm not buying new mags untill the issue seems to be fixed or someone will start offering better mags.
Getting a replacement here in EU is a real PITA btw..
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thats 200% true..
I really love the gun and I really consider it the only mp5 alternative but the mag issue is annoying...

For now I'm not buying new mags untill the issue seems to be fixed or someone will start offering better mags.
View Quote

It is fixed. Get rounded mags and don't use that miltec lube...
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THE LLAMA WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I've already had one of 30 crack because I looked at it funny.  Now, granted, I am VERY ugly and the mag WAS loaded to 30 rounds......but I looked at loaded magpuls all the time....not only are they UV and ugly resistant....but they don't spontaneously crack for no reason.   I'd load 'em all and let em sit and see.....but with CZ churning these out at an insane rate....how good are the replacements?  

The Evo has some GREAT stuff going for it....but spontaneously combusting magazines is not one of them.

....and the "it's okay your hammer looks like a portobello mushroom after 300 rounds"  crap is just that....CRAP.  It's "normal".....REALLY.....seriously??????  What a crock.

I have no problem holding manufacturer's feet to the fire on poor quality.   Seriously....why the hell should I have to WAIT until some random number of my mags crack before getting them replaced IF there is a viable solutions that prevents it that has put onto the market.  

My 1911 mags aren't going to explode any time soon.....nor are my Ruger 10/22 mags......and Ruger mags are plastic, too.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats 200% true..

Im sorry but I dont consider it fixed as long as I must be careful XYZ lube doesnt get in contact with it.
Also I can not choose between new/old gen mags when I place an order... When I got my first mags in 2013 directly from CZ i received a mix of 2011 and 2012 manufactured mags.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Scratch Scorpion off my shopping list.     Expect executive order banning large capacity magazine soon.  And all your plastic magazines crack.  What you gona do ?  

Back to good old AR.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I love ARs too, but for 9mm they're less than optimal. I'll be enjoying my CZ while I "wait" for any potential ban though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Checked the magazines I have stored fully loaded for since about June, no signs of any issues.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I received my two replacements today. They are the newer style.

But now I found another cracked one!! This now makes 5 out of 10! I called and got another return label but the guys said they are currently out of stock and don't know when more are coming .
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But now I found another cracked one!! This now makes 5 out of 10! I called and got another return label but the guys said they are currently out of stock and don't know when more are coming .
View Quote

ETS thread, they haven't committed to making them but have said they are looking into some things.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

CZ got a new batch in last week, send in all of your gen1 mags for replacement. If they aren't cracked, find a way to make them cracked.

I've got a safe full of updated mags now
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I just got 3 replacements yesterday. I went to put them with the rest of my scorpion mags and found bullets everywhere. Another one of my mags completely lost its feed lips.

I have had 4 out of my 10 mags crack.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just got 3 replacements yesterday. I went to put them with the rest of my scorpion mags and found bullets everywhere. Another one of my mags completely lost its feed lips.

View Quote

Dates on mags? Cleaning them with any particular lubricants, such as militec?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
The mag cracking is not a none issue for me.  Bought 12, and so far three have cracked and been replaced.  All 2015 construction.  Another one has cracked since I sent in the other three.  Another 2015.  I have mostly 2016 round edge mags now and I'm watching them.  I hope it's fixed, but it seems the polymer is somewhat fragile as even the 2016 mags pretty much shatter if wiped with militec.  I really want the problem to be fixed, but I'm not 100% confident yet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dates on the mags were April 2015. I don't clean the mags themselves. I used breakfeast to clean the gun and fp9 for lube
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I clean them with soap and warm water and then wipe the inside down with Armor All . No need to have oils or cleaners anywhere near that mag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I clean them with soap and warm water and then wipe the inside down with Armor All . No need to have oils or cleaners anywhere near that mag.
View Quote

Uh-Oh......the directions on the Armor All bottle state, "DO NOT USE ON CLEAR PLASTICS"........
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Uh-Oh......the directions on the Armor All bottle state, "DO NOT USE ON CLEAR PLASTICS"........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that is for the streaking /smearing affect it has on clear plastics like instrument panels. It's mostly water and never had had any problems using it on clear plastic 10/22 mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top