Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 7:23:34 PM EDT
They're not so easy to find in my area so it took a while to check out the different types
Finally settled on a JR 40 cal

For starters got this

Truglo Red Dot Dual-Color Sight 30m Multi Reticle Black

VERY100 4X Magnifier FTS

Ultimate Back Up Iron Sights - Front and Rear BUIS

Ohuhu AR15/M4 Multi Purpose Combo Wrench Tool
That's about all I will do it
We'll see how it works out in a few days

Update:  wasn't happy with the  Truglo Red Dot Dual-Color Sight 30  so I purchased a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot
  I was unable to properly aligned with  multiply I tried several risers but couldn't get it 100%.

my next  purchase was a Nikon 3x32 BDC  carbine  and I cannot be happier
outstanding clarity  and easy operation .  well worth the $150.00  excellent quality.
and the magnification is perfect for my old  eyes  I  strongly suggest you consider  this as one of your options.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just looked at one a few days ago. A pistol carbine is what I want next. Being in NY they are 1 of the few that make a complaint model. Only problem is I don't like that front quad rail. I know I can change it but that's more $. So $800 for the rifle, $150-200 for a free float rail and $200 for a good red dot. To much for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just looked at one a few days ago. A pistol carbine is what I want next. Being in NY they are 1 of the few that make a complaint model. Only problem is I don't like

that front quad rail. I know I can change it but that's more $. So $800 for the rifle, $150-200 for a free float rail and $200 for a good red dot. To much for me.
View Quote

You can get the takedown model the only difference is the rail  and I think it's only a $60/ $70 difference

and the money you save on ammunition should pay for it.  at least that's the excuse I tell myself

rifles are going new for $699  and you can find some cheaper on gun broker if you're patient
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one(9mm) and love it. My only regret is buying before the breakdown model came out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I just found a takedown model today at my LGS. It's perfect! Love the forearm. Only problem is it's $830 but all I'll have to do is add sights of some kind. This will be used as a home defense rifle.
It will only have the top of the receiver rail to mount sights to. What would you recommend for sights?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a matter of choice.  if it's an AR it'll work.

you can spend as much or as little as you like
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one(9mm) and love it. My only regret is buying before the breakdown model came out.
View Quote

You can get the takedowns tube  to replace the rail for like $65 on their site
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the takedown model 45, takes glock mags. I am running a red dot on mine. Great carbine, fun to shoot. Only bad thing I can say about it is the cleaning process. Like a ruger 22/45 it gets easier with time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got the takedown model 45, takes glock mags. I am running a red dot on mine. Great carbine, fun to shoot. Only bad thing I can say about it is the cleaning process. Like a ruger 22/45 it gets easier with time.
View Quote

They have a new qd buffer tube system that makes cleaning much easier.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#9]
^^where did you see these?^^
I checked their site but couldn't find them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Presently have mine in for some upgrades.  This would be nice...look here

QD buffer tube system
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Did they quit offering threaded barrels?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when mine showed up with the new QD buffer tube assembly.  It's a little funky, but much easier to disassemble.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered 9mm QD in black. I'll let you know when I get it and run some ammo through it
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in to hear how much easier the QD kit makes things.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been the owner of a JRC for some years now. Love it as does my family and friends who have used it. I hear people making a big deal about how it is so "hard to clean". I don't get it.

Yes, an AK and a AR are quick to take apart. We all know that. They were military weapons and that is part of the design of such. The JRC is not a combat rifle by any means so I don't bother to compare its take down to something I would have used in combat. I do compare it to other commercial firearms however. Compared to my Marlin Camp 9 carbine its easier. Compared to a Hi-Point 995 its a piece of cake. Compared to my Beretta CX-4 or TNW ASR its a little more effort, but not greatly so.

Thing is you seldom have to break it all the way down. Look at the Hi-Point 995. The manufacturer tells you it only needs totally broken down about once every thousand rounds. Same is true for the JRC. Your normal cleaning only requires you to lock open the bolt and clean the thing through the breach, no major break down is required.

Yes, the AR and the AK come apart so easily and you wish every firearm made did too, but they don't. Fact is there are some firearms out there that are pretty complex to break down, but I don't put the JRC in that category at all. Its a pretty simple, robust and dependable firearm. I can have my JRC totally apart in pieces on the bench in less than 30 seconds. I don't see that as so difficult. But then, I am not in the middle of a firefight where my life depends on this rifle. Thank goodness! That part of my life is over....
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have been the owner of a JRC for some years now. Love it as does my family and friends who have used it. I hear people making a big deal about how it is so "hard to clean". I don't get it.

Yes, an AK and a AR are quick to take apart. We all know that. They were military weapons and that is part of the design of such. The JRC is not a combat rifle by any means so I don't bother to compare its take down to something I would have used in combat. I do compare it to other commercial firearms however. Compared to my Marlin Camp 9 carbine its easier. Compared to a Hi-Point 995 its a piece of cake. Compared to my Beretta CX-4 or TNW ASR its a little more effort, but not greatly so.

Thing is you seldom have to break it all the way down. Look at the Hi-Point 995. The manufacturer tells you it only needs totally broken down about once every thousand rounds. Same is true for the JRC. Your normal cleaning only requires you to lock open the bolt and clean the thing through the breach, no major break down is required.

Yes, the AR and the AK come apart so easily and you wish every firearm made did too, but they don't. Fact is there are some firearms out there that are pretty complex to break down, but I don't put the JRC in that category at all. Its a pretty simple, robust and dependable firearm. I can have my JRC totally apart in pieces on the bench in less than 30 seconds. I don't see that as so difficult. But then, I am not in the middle of a firefight where my life depends on this rifle. Thank goodness! That part of my life is over....
View Quote

Thanks for the great info
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]
As an owner of a .45 JRC, .45 Hi Point, 9mm Storm and 9mm AR I agree with forever4. I've only had to open up my JRC once for cleaning and it didn't appear to really need it. Came apart with a std. castle nut wrench. I'm glad to see the new JRCs are coming with a quick release but I'm not paying $75 to add one to mine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Do any of you that have the 9mm JRC reload for it. I reload for my 9mm pistol and was wondering if they will work with it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I reload for my son who carries a G19.   I made up some for myself using blue bullets and CFE pistol.  Shot like a dream out of the JRC.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do any of you that have the 9mm JRC reload for it. I reload for my 9mm pistol and was wondering if they will work with it?
View Quote

All I have ever shot from my JRC were my reloads, the same one I shoot in my pistols and other PCC's. I have used 115, 124, and 147 bullets all with perfect results. I use a lot of Unique powder. Mostly I go with the plated round nose bullets due to the volume of shooting I do and they perform very well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#21]
excellent news on the reloads. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Waiting on a form 1 for mine.  I will have both the 45acp and 9mm kits w the barrels cut to 5.5".
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Update:  wasn't happy with the  Truglo Red Dot Dual-Color Sight 30  so I purchased a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot
  I was unable to properly aligned with  multiply I tried several risers but couldn't get it 100%.

outstanding clarity  and easy operation .  well worth the $150.00  excellent quality.
and the magnification is perfect for my old  eyes  I  strongly suggest you consider  this as one of your options.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a Bushnell 1.5x-4x on mine and it is perfect for this type rifle and the cost is oh-so easy to deal with, like $75.  I really like that on the low power you can actually shoot the rifle with both eyes open and on the 4x you have plenty of power for the 50-75 yards that a 9mm is useful at.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=bushnell+1%2C5-4&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&typedValue=&Top+Nav-Search=

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I got my JR 9 carbine last Fri. I threw on a extra Truglo I had around just to try it out. At 30 & 50 yards it had fist size groups. I want this for a bedside gun so I don't really want a red dot. I got some cheap iron sights.
It has a nice trigger pull and cycled great with factory and reloaded ammo. After about 30 rounds I noticed when I released the trigger quickly a 2nd shot went off. Cool but not what I want. As I shot more it did it more. Called the factory which is about 30 miles away..I was told to mail in the trigger or stop by and they'll replace it for me. Lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got my JR 9 carbine last Fri. I threw on a extra Truglo I had around just to try it out. At 30 & 50 yards it had fist size groups. I want this for a bedside gun so I don't really want a red dot. I got some cheap iron sights.
It has a nice trigger pull and cycled great with factory and reloaded ammo. After about 30 rounds I noticed when I released the trigger quickly a 2nd shot went off. Cool but not what I want. As I shot more it did it more. Called the factory which is about 30 miles away..I was told to mail in the trigger or stop by and they'll replace it for me. Lifetime warranty.

View Quote

Nice thing is they are really good about taking care of any problems. I have had my JRC for some time and it has been just plain purrrr-fect as my cat would say. The FCG is straight out of an AR 15, BTW.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Took the rail off of my JR Carbine and added a inexpensive polymer . The Delta clip worked perfectly and went on with one shim. A little trouble deciding on what gas block to use to hold everything together. So a quick trip to true value. Picked up a ca collar three-quarter inch fit perfectly with no play. It has an Allen screw to secure it a little squirt of black paint and it looks pretty good until I make a decision probably go with one that has a Picatinny so I can put a fold up site on           Cost :  collar $ 2.25
  itAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#28]
[/i][i]

Actually that doesn't look too bad at all. I love it when a person can "personalize" their firearm to be what they want it to be.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#29]
JR Carbine SALE  

Takedown tube  - All Models. FREE SHIPPING - U.S. ONLY!

Price: $69.95
Sale Price: $49.99
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#30]
More in-depth information and continued discussion  HERE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top