Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 12:57:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
OST. Waiting to see someone put this on an SBR'd pistol with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Mmmmmm $99 isn't bad ..... I might snag one
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Myself and a buddy both have one coming in. I'll post pics as soon as I install it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet, I can't wait to see yours. Do you have a suppressor on yours?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill be using a direct thread gemtech multimount, buddy is using either an octane or omega 9k.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
best hope your supressor mount does not get jammed on the barrel and your suppressor unscrew off of the mount. you might have a hard time getting it off stuck down in the handguard with the only way to remove the hand guard is the nut now stuck behind your mount.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
best hope your supressor mount does not get jammed on the barrel and your suppressor unscrew off of the mount. you might have a hard time getting it off stuck down in the handguard with the only way to remove the hand guard is the nut now stuck behind your mount.
View Quote

I've thought about this too.  I think 3 lug is probably the only way to go with a scorpion.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Never liked the look of the trilugs adapters on the sbr scorpion but hidden under the longer handguards sounds a perfect solution.
But i'm Not sure how someone could torque the adapter down there..
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Never liked the look of the trilugs adapters on the sbr scorpion but hidden under the longer handguards sounds a perfect solution.
View Quote

Very good point... the more I think about this the more I think the hb industries rail may be a better idea.  It would have been nice if the handguards could be taken off with bolts from the outside.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine showed up today. I got it installed, it was surprisingly simple. It comes with a new barrel nut that goes in a normal socket, didn't even need a deep well.  It locks up tight and looks great. Still waiting on a 3 lug mount for my suppressor so no pics yet, it looks kind of weird with nothing sticking out the business end.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Very good point... the more I think about this the more I think the hb industries rail may be a better idea.  It would have been nice if the handguards could be taken off with bolts from the outside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are you going to install the 3 lug with the hand guard on?

I ask because I want to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used a deep well socket and extension.  I don't remember what size it was.  I was careful with it, and it went on nice and tight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I used a deep well socket and extension.  I don't remember what size it was.  I was careful with it, and it went on nice and tight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Can anyone that has the new nut compare it to the old one height wise please? I have already rethreaded my barrel and run a 3 lug adapter on it and don't want to order a new nut if it will interfere with the 3 lug. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine showed up today. I got it installed, it was surprisingly simple. It comes with a new barrel nut that goes in a normal socket, didn't even need a deep well.  It locks up tight and looks great. Still waiting on a 3 lug mount for my suppressor so no pics yet, it looks kind of weird with nothing sticking out the business end.
View Quote

still waiting on the pictures to load. You must used a slow host
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting, hope some pictures get posted.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]
No pictures yet
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I am ordering the new style barrel nut and will post pictures when I receive it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am ordering the new style barrel nut and will post pictures when I receive it.
View Quote

Can't wait
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's slower than Grabagun's free shipping

The SBR stamp was approved last week, but I haven't had the time to get it engraved.  I haven't had the time for anything, really.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
And there You have it folks.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Would you say it's worth the cost and time to install it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#24]
The 5 min it took to take the old handguard and in stall the new we no trouble at all. It's extremely comfortable but it does loose its ability to be modular. I like it... For now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Will the 18x1 barrel version work with this ?

I'm not sure I understand the "new" barrel nut differences.  Does someone have a picture or explain if it will work with a 18x1 thread for an Omega 9k direct thread on (18x1 adapter to Octane)
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#26]
The new barrel nut is still the standard 18mm internal thread pitch. It just has a 21mm socket head now so that you don't need a speacial tool to thread it on and torque it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes

Completely worth it if you plan on running a suppressor.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Will the 18x1 barrel version work with this ?

I'm not sure I understand the "new" barrel nut differences.  Does someone have a picture or explain if it will work with a 18x1 thread for an Omega 9k direct thread on (18x1 adapter to Octane)
View Quote

Mine is an 18x1 World model, worked just fine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm his friend. The one Naginata5 put up photos of was an 18x1 threaded version. The hardest issue was our socket extension we had available was a little on the short side. You remove the old ones save the spacer, put the new one on withis the spacer and a 21mm deep socket.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm his friend. The one Naginata5 put up photos of was an 18x1 threaded version. The hardest issue was our socket extension we had available was a little on the short side. You remove the old ones save the spacer, put the new one on withis the spacer and a 21mm deep socket.
View Quote

The folks that removed the 18x1 barrel nut....you guys use heat or just torque?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left a soldering iron inside the barrel for 10-15minutes.
This way you dont risk to hurt the polymer handguard with a torch.

Put the gun in a wise and use the propper Socket from CZ or you'll Damage the nut!
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Torque and swear words fueled that effort. Naginata had ground down a wrench to fit his. No heat added in my case. It did damage the barrel nut a bit so I would recommend the socket from CZUsa.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Torque and swear words fueled that effort. Naginata had ground down a wrench to fit his. No heat added in my case. It did damage the barrel nut a bit so I would recommend the socket from CZUsa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just torque.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
The sockets you guys are using on the 18x1 world model barrel nuts... Are these it:

http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-barrel-nut-socket.html

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-barrel-nut-tool/

Anyone use just a plain open end 20mm wrench?

Also... You guys use the same barrel nut or did anyone replace their nut with one of these:  https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19343_Improved-Evo-Carbine-Barrel-Nut
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#35]
the first time I removed the factory nut I used an open ended wrench. Due to its close proximity to the handguard it was difficult and resulted in my marring the nut a bit. Then we got the cz  barrel nut tool and it works great. The new handguards come with a new improved 21mm nut that takes a standard socket.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The sockets you guys are using on the 18x1 world model barrel nuts... Are these it:

Also... You guys use the same barrel nut or did anyone replace their nut with one of these:  https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19343_Improved-Evo-Carbine-Barrel-Nut
View Quote

Due to the shape of the handguard that will interfere with the 20mm wrench and the huge amount of thread locker I damaged the factory nut.. Buy the CZ socket!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 2nd go around we used the CZCustom socket you posted. The Carbine handguard comes with the new barrel nut as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#38]
For those of you with the carbine handguard, have you shot the Evo without a can using the handguard?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For those of you with the carbine handguard, have you shot the Evo without a can using the handguard?
View Quote

Yes, my question as well. I assume the hot gasses exiting the barrel might be uncomfortable on your support hand without the suppressor. I'm thinking of ordering the carbine handguard but want to know if this mod means no unsuppressed firing.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, my question as well. I assume the hot gasses exiting the barrel might be uncomfortable on your support hand without the suppressor. I'm thinking of ordering the carbine handguard but want to know if this mod means no unsuppressed firing.

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Not yet. I'm going to try and get out to the range this week though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OST. Waiting to see someone put this on an SBR'd pistol with a suppressor.
View Quote

Military Arms Channel (MAC) has one up on his facebook.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm pretty sure I just used vice grips on the factory nut
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably not a good choice, but if you are going to do it, definitely do not have your hand forward of the muzzle on the handguard. That will likely be very painful,. Like thumb sticking out past cylinder gap on a revolver painful.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
The old barrel nut and new one appear to be the same length. The new nut does not have an area for the flash hider clip to fit on.
The new style went on very easy and is how it should have come from the factory.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top