Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:47:16 PM EDT
NRA article about the MP5

This is going to sound stupid, but I have always thought I'd take an MP5 over an AR any day for HD.  In theory.  Might just be nostalgia, but there are things about it I think  I'd like better.  I'm not sure I would without a stock though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
This info has been out for months.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you also hear about that Hillary email scandal?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And they've been available for at least a month now
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. There are three at my local gun store right now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
edit

I guess I'm not the only one who forgot this was tech
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NRA article about the MP5

This is going to sound stupid, but I have always thought I'd take an MP5 over an AR any day for HD.  In theory.  Might just be nostalgia, but there are things about it I think  I'd like better.  I'm not sure I would without a stock though.
View Quote

If it was a fullsize pistol that could be SBR'd to an MP5 and it had a paddle mag release, it would be worth it. Otherwise, no way to attach suppressor/stupid paddle mag release/stupid price tag means that I'll pass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#8]
So this is not the sp5k?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
At least we are able to cut to the chase and tell OP that the pistol sucks.  I had to wait months to find that out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At least we are able to cut to the chase and tell OP that the pistol sucks.  I had to wait months to find that out.
View Quote

How did HK mess up their own gun? What did they do to it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It's more of what they didn't do... No 3-lug and no paddle mag release. Zenith/MKE is the best option on the market.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's more of what they didn't do... No 3-lug and no paddle mag release. Zenith/MKE is the best option on the market.
View Quote

Zenith is best. Atleast they dont have cracks in their recievers like some hk have.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Zenith is best. Atleast they dont have cracks in their recievers like some hk have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is kind of depressing that we cant even get a HK gun from HK. I know part of it is because of the german government, but still. It sucks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My LGS has the SP5K and the Zenith version (whatever the model number is) right next to each other
on display. Playing with each one a bit last time I was there, if I were in the market for something like that, I'd go Zenith. It's actually a better H&K than the H&K.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to be so late to the party.  The ribbing made me laugh though.  I especially like the Jim Carrey one.  

And thanks for letting me know it sucks.  That sucks.

I actually didn't know about any of these other ones you guys are talking about.  A long time ago a guy at the range had a copy of one but it was either in 10mm or 40.  I think 40 and I think it was called a Bobcat.  That has been my only experience with an HK MP5 clone type gun.  Was there such a thing?  

So there is one called a Zenith that is decent?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, Zeniths are actually made by MKE, an HK licensed copy. MKEs are built on HK tooling by HK trained techs. Check them out on YouTube. For under 2k, you can get a very nice copy of the MP5, MP5K and the HK93.  MKEs were imported by ATI a few years ago and now are imported by Zenith.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you.  I will do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top