Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2016 4:25:10 AM EDT
I have a Rugged Obsidian on the way some day here in the next few months.

I just ordered the 3-lug Rugged piston, I'll be using that for my MP5 clone.

For the Scorpion, which would be the better option - the 18x1 direct attach (Silencerco) or should I get a 1/2x28->three lug adapter (I have the 1/2x28 CZ)?

I'm tempted to get the 3-lug but it seems like the 18x1 will not "hang off" as far from the barrel and will be a better fit.

Opinions?  I guess I also have a 1/2x28 piston I bought already (for my AR9mm) and I could use that too... That would be cheapest route I guess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have 1/2x28 thread how can you use a 18x1 mount? Is there enough 18x1 thread to security mount a suppressor?

Probably the easiest for switching back and forth would be to just use the 3 lug. Also if you use a 1/2x28 piston you'll also need a fixed barrel spacer.

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe this is what you're looking for
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-Adapter-For-CZ-Scorpion-Evo-5p17616.htm

It's a 3 lug and says it can be used on both 18x1 &  1/2x18.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
3 lug all the things.
But ya, direct thread will make it more compact and lighter
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
And constantly checking your direct threaded mount suppressor to make sure that tight so you don't strike your end cap when it is loose.  My scorpion is getting a 3 lug adapter when the form 1 comes back and the Obsidian is on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Direct thread will be best for avoiding tolerance stacking and baffle/end cap strikes. 3lug will be faster to put on and take off, easier to remove when it's hot and/or dirty, you won't have to disassemble your suppressor when you switch hosts, and it's more fun to twist on a 3lug can.

The choice is yours. I had trouble getting a 3lug adapter that properly centered my can with the bore, so direct thread was best for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd go with the Silencerco Direct Thread Mount.  The Scorpion 3-lug adapters were too darn long.   I'm still waiting for my Obsidian to clear... But here is a pic of the Scorpion with an Omega 9K and a direct thread mount:

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this mounted onto the 1/2x28 or 18x1 threads?
View Quote

18x1
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I missed it, but you mentioned the Obsidian, but you ask about a SilencerCo 18x1 mount. Do you have an Octane or something be able to use the SilencerCo mount? Or is that mount compatible with the Obsidian?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, but you mentioned the Obsidian, but you ask about a SilencerCo 18x1 mount. Do you have an Octane or something be able to use the SilencerCo mount? Or is that mount compatible with the Obsidian?
View Quote

AFAIK it's compatible with the Obsidian.  I'm still waiting on mine to clear though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#11]
You do not want to run-and-gun a direct thread can on a subgun/PCC.

3-lug all applicable things, and blaze responsibly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top