Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 11:11:35 PM EDT
I just purchased a scorpion and I am wanting to run a kak tube and Shockwave. I do require that I can get a folding adapter and there seem to be many options. What has worked well in you all opinion?
I personally want the factory cz folding stock adapter but I can't find one
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I got the folding adapter from CZ Customs. Works fantastic with the KAK.

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep cz custom here as well
here's mine

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
KaK shockwave blade kit + Hera folding unit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with a Stormwerks ar hinge with a Lage mfg. Scorpion stock adapter.  

I got the Stormwerks hinge first, and in searching for a way to attach it found the Lage stock adapter.  I also saw that lage had a hinged stock adapter as well. If I had to do it again would just go that route.  The craftsmanship of the stock adapter was outstanding and looks like the factory back plate that came off the gun.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Lage Mfg gets my vote...

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
That VFG though
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered the lage right folder with 5 degree cant. Only 151.00 for everything. Customer service rep was friendly also
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That VFG though
View Quote

Put your fists out in front of you like you are in a natural boxing position. Note how your off hand is canted. The forward cant makes sense after that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Lage is usually the right answer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Put your fists out in front of you like you are in a natural boxing position. Note how your off hand is canted. The forward cant makes sense after that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That VFG though

Maybe he is referring to it not being legal to put a VFG on a pistol witbout a tax stamp.

Would be nice for someone to clarify.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe he is referring to it not being legal to put a VFG on a pistol witbout a tax stamp.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That VFG though

Maybe he's ignorant of the letter of the law or maybe he says "come and take it"
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe he's ignorant of the letter of the law or maybe he says "come and take it"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That VFG though

Either way i'm kinda curious if what I read is correct (the VFG being illegal). I'd hate to see the poster get shit...

(BTW: Yeti posted pics of a mounted Switchback over at the CZ forums if you wanna check it out.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That VFG though

I'm pretty sure that scorpion has been SBR'd, even though it has one of Marty's pistol braces on it for the picture.

***Just to be clear, VFG on a pistol=AOW and you need permission from the ATF before attachment***
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, the Scorpion in the picture is an SBR.  When taking pictures, I forgot to take off the K-Grip.  Not a legal issue with an SBR but would be with a pistol with brace attached.  I made sure the photos on our website do not show a pistol with brace and K-Grip.  That particular picture of the Scorpion is from an orphaned webpage.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]

I tried to save a few bucks, so I modified my pistol receiver back plate cover + Stormwerkz hinge ($75) + KAK brace kit ($59). It turn out very sturdy and nice looking. I turn the Stormwerkz hinge upside down, so I can fold it to the right. I can shoot my pistol while the KAK in the folding position.

See this thread if you want to see how I modified my receiver back: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81556.0

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That VFG though

Maybe this
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#17]
For you lage owners, how far should a kak tube screw into the adapter? Mines is only 25% in and it seized up. Don't want to force it

" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Did you loosen the set screw on the bottom of the stock adapter before screwing in the tube?  If may be bottoming out on the screw.  If so, loosen the set screw, screw in the tube, align the slot in the tube with the set screw and tighten it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did you loosen the set screw on the bottom of the stock adapter before screwing in the tube?  If may be bottoming out on the screw.  If so, loosen the set screw, screw in the tube, align the slot in the tube with the set screw and tighten it.
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thank you sir
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir

That is some impressive customer service!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top