Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2016 8:51:48 AM EDT
Looking to get a PCC in 45 acp. I already have a B&T APC9, B&T P26, and CZ Scorpion Evo... All SBR. Now I'm looking to add the 45 PCC to the collection. Wondering what Everyone's opinion on the AR45 and The Vector are. Are there better options out there? If you have other suggestions feel free to let me know. (APC45) not in my price range right now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never fired an AR45 but it looks like a cool concept. For me, the only negative is that I already have AR-15's and this is basically another AR.

I do have a Kriss Vector SDP in .45 that I think is awesome. Granted I got it recently, so maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase. It's a lot of fun to shoot and definitely is an attention getter at the range. The only real negative I've found is that charging the weapon (in pistol form at least) is a little difficult at first. Mines broken in nicely though at this point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a KRISS SDP and it was a very accurate firearm with irons. Recoil was soft and the only complaint I had was with the charging/handle. If the hammer was down, it was difficult to charge. Other than that, it is a solid performer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
HK Ump45 clone from a usc. I love it. Its so badass with 25 round mags and has never jammed onn me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK Ump45 clone from a usc. I love it. Its so badass with 25 round mags and has never jammed onn me.
View Quote

If I had the budget to get that I'd just get the APC45. Also I have been looking at the Auto Ordnance Thompson. Anyone suppress one before?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to buy the APC45, but the price of the mags killed it for me. I couldn't deal with paying $1600 for 10 extra mags.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to buy the APC45, but the price of the mags killed it for me. I couldn't deal with paying $1600 for 10 extra mags.
View Quote

I can understand that. I have a SBR APC9 and P26 but they share the same mags so the $65 a mag isn't as hard of a hit on the wallet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an  RMW XTREME,  DI 45 and it is very accurate and a blast to shoot. I also have a gen 1 Kriss SBR and love it as well, both are fun to shoot and have very little recoil. Which ever you choose you will be happy with I bet. If you go for the AR45, I would suggest you go DI and not blow back as blowback tends to have more recoil and can be hard on the gun. Also I would look for a grease gun mag lower or a Glock mag lower as mags are reliable and easy to get.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Blowback seems like it would be harder on an AR45 but not in my experience. I have 1000+ rds through mine and it is stupid simple and utterly reliable. I've never had an OOB discharge but a heavy buffer will reduce the possibility.

AR45 biggest advantage when it was designed still exists today. Same manual of arms for an AR15 and an AR45. Same ergonomics, lots of parts interchangeability, etc. Grease gun mags can be had all day long for about $20 a piece and are utterly reliable.

You can use a standard lower and Macon Armory's DI or blowback uppers or you can use a 9mm sten mag block and shoot .45 ACP from a 9mm sten mag. Just have to use hollow point of flat nose bullets to keep OAL within the 9mm mag.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
macon armory di upper with his new conversion kit or cnc guns grease gun lower works well.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I've only fired a Kriss gen1  (post sample SMG) but I much prefer my home built DI AR45 if I'm stuck with semi-auto only.  Mine uses GG mags, but I may machine a new magwell at some point for Glock or even UMP mags.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Kriss gen 1 & 2 were and are in my stable.

I wouldn't turn down an AR pattern 45 either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top