Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
I've been eyeballing a 9mm carbine lately. The two that seem to catch my attention most are the Keltec sub 2000 gen two and CZ Scorpian.

I have, and like, Berettas. And I"m a huge CZ fan and owner of a lot of their handguns.

The CZ is obviously the more expensive choice. Add to that I have Beretta mags already, though I'd grab a couple 30 rounders.

I was wondering what some of the other pros and cons for each are. All input welcome. Also open to other 9mm carbine suggestions.

I have two Hybrid silencers on the way, a 9mm can in possession, and likely to get a second 9mm pistol can (Omega 9k anyone?) soon. So the ability to suppress easily is a must.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
CX4 Storm carbine and, your welcome
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Both is the only answer.

Got a stamp pending on the CZ, and I'm trying to track down a G19 Sub 2000.

If I wasnt going to do an SBR I'd probably just go with the Keltec.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Can the stock on the keltec be swapped out? The OEM one seems cheesy.

I also just read you can't fold the Keltec with a red dot on it. True?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a gen 1 sub 2000 and a scorpion pistol that will be sbr'd once I get my stamp back.

As I see it, the only advantage the keltec has is if you plan on sharing mags with a matched handgun and that folded, it's slightly smaller than the scorpion (although the folding stock on the carbine negates most of the advantage here).

In every other area, the scorpion is, IMO, far superior. Quality-wise, they really aren't in the same category.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the stock on the keltec be swapped out? The OEM one seems cheesy.

View Quote

I own both. The CZ wins hands down in terms of quality and feel. It's also a bit more expensive.

I did a little write up in another thread that ended up locked. The Midwest industries mount allows an T1/H1 style optic to be mounted and it pivots to allow the rifle to be closed.
In the instructions it says to be mounted in the 4 mlok slot which requires the bolt to be locked to the rear to be closed, it doesn't really. I mounted it in the 3rd slot and it fits just fine. The only thing is it can only be pivoted in on direction to open the rifle.

I recently picked up a gen2 glock 17 variant, I paid MSRP for it (gun broker). And while I'm not regretting my purchase I don't think it's deserving of a $500 MSRP, it just doesn't feel like a $500 gun, $350-400 seems more fitting IMO. Then shipping and transfer fees put it a bit over what I originally wanted one for but like I said now that I have it I don't regret it.

It's my first Keltec, and from what I read the gen 2 is a big improvement in quality feel over the gen 1 so no way would I spend close to that price for a gen 1.

For example the slot in the tube that the charging handle rides in was very sharp and already cutting into the charging handle. A couple minutes with a small, fine file took down the sharp edges.
The latch that holds the rifle closed feels a bit cheap.
The barrel is not very centered when closed. I moved the stock to the 2nd position to capture the front sight and minimize movement, I would have preferred the shortest setting.

The trigger really isn't so bad, just a bit inconsistent. There will be several nice breaks then one mushy one then back to nice.

From a design point the biggest thing I don't like is there is no easy way to get inside to clean it, especially in a blow back gun. Spray cleaner will be the way to go.

I've already put the Midwest industries red dot mount and inforce WML on it. I think it's going to make a good backpacking gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I own a gen 1 sub 2000 and a scorpion pistol that will be sbr'd once I get my stamp back.

As I see it, the only advantage the keltec has is if you plan on sharing mags with a matched handgun and that folded, it's slightly smaller than the scorpion (although the folding stock on the carbine negates most of the advantage here).

In every other area, the scorpion is, IMO, far superior. Quality-wise, they really aren't in the same category.
View Quote

This.

If the question is CZ or smell-tec, CZ is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
There's talk in the Bullpup forums of a new Jard J67 Gen 2 bullpup. It' supposed to be able to swap pistol calibers and is even less expensive than the current Gen 1.
The Gen 1 isn't the prettiest gun, we'll see what the Gen 2 will look like.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the input. This combined with a visit to the LGS sold me on the CZ scorpion. Kind of cool because I have a lot of CZs already.

I picked the Scorpion up today on GB for 729.00. It's the latest model. Going to SBR it and slap the new Hybrid on it. :D
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both is the only answer.
View Quote

Same answer for every thread like this eva!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Both is the only answer.

lol.... funny thing ... though not in the plans, it's already in the works. I'm sure the truly sick understand that just fine.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can with this mount from Midwest industries.

review video from Tim (Military Arms Channel)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
CX4 Storm carbine and, your welcome
View Quote

I have a small collection of 9mm PCC's.. I got a Storm when they first came out years back. Other carbines have come and gone in my collection but the Storm is the one that is NEVER offered for sale regardless of price.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Get both, I did
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I let my 10yo son my sub2k, its his now
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#15]
CX4 Storm

I thought they were goofy looking abominations.....until I tried one.
They are much better in all respects to either of your other choices.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Get both but don't over pay for the Sub 2K ..... I got 2 Gen 2s for $460 OTD a piece .... I thought that was fair
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the scorpion
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got the scorpion
View Quote

You chose wisely. Congrats.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got the scorpion

This.  I have the bug.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#20]
So a side from the ambi safety delete, what's the next best mod?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#21]
kriss vector supposed to be a good option... only a lil more expensive...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top