Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 2:31:53 PM EDT
I can see pro's and con's with each of them. I'm planning on full time suppression.
I was thinking pistol at first  because of the shorter barrel and not having to send it out to get cut but then there's the trade off of having a pistol that's pretty worthless (because of no butt stock) until my stamp comes back in a year ish.

But then I could do a carbine and have the butt stock the whole time while waiting for the form1 to come back. Then I'd have to send out the barrel to get cut

I wonder how far down the carbine barrel could be cut inside that fore end ?

I don't know, what do you folks think? I may do both eventually but I'm like a woman in not being able to make a decision on this.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pistol because the carbine didn't yet exist...and I have my stamp already!

My question is, will the carbine fore end go on the pistol?

I think the easiest route would be pistol; definitely if the carbine fore end is a go.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I pondered this same choice and went with the carbine w/ muzzle brake. I like the smoother look of the M-lok accessory points, and the overall extended profile. You can get an idea of what a pistol can will look like by looking at the model with the faux can. I have a lot of other "double stamp" projects going on, so I will prob enjoy it "as is" for a few years before I get around to SBRing it. One downside, I haven't seen any tutorials on how to remove the barrel yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue recently. I loved the look of the carbine but my only goal is to SBR it and don't care about a suppressor. Everything I've read on these boards lead me to the pistol as being the easiest way to go.  That being said I went with the pistol with a brace until I get the form 1 back.  i have enough 16in barreled rifles but I won't rule out getting a carbine later if I dislike the SBR.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same issue recently. I loved the look of the carbine but my only goal is to SBR it and don't care about a suppressor. Everything I've read on these boards lead me to the pistol as being the easiest way to go.  That being said I went with the pistol with a brace until I get the form 1 back.  i have enough 16in barreled rifles but I won't rule out getting a carbine later if I dislike the SBR.
View Quote

No suppressor?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No suppressor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No suppressor?

Yep, don't really get my jollies off on them. I've shot guns with them before and no big whoop. Just me though. Each thier own. However I still have that door open if I choose.

Since we are on the subject: what's the big need for one? Will it make shooting this or any firearm better? Increase marksmanship? I get the noise of SBRs but again it doesn't bother me. I'm not trying to be some Delta Navy Seal Ranger guy. If you are offering some actual insight and education; I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, don't really get my jollies off on them. I've shot guns with them before and no big whoop. Just me though. Each thier own. However I still have that door open if I choose.

Since we are on the subject: what's the big need for one? Will it make shooting this or any firearm better? Increase marksmanship? I get the noise of SBRs but again it doesn't bother me. I'm not trying to be some Delta Navy Seal Ranger guy. If you are offering some actual insight and education; I'm all ears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No suppressor?

Less recoil means it's quicker to get rounds on target
More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No suppressor?

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it

I'm not running for anything and I approve this message.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No suppressor?

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it

Suppressor's are the source. They'll change your life, Swear to god!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No suppressor?

More peasant to shoot
Chicks dig it

QFT, my daughter shot my suppressed EVO for the first time last friday and she loved it. My GF is basically going to steal it from me (Chicks love suppressed weapons).
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Man I think you guys talked me into getting one

Seriously since I have to do the paperwork I may well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man I think you guys talked me into getting one

Seriously since I have to do the paperwork I may well.
View Quote

There's life before suppressors then there's life after suppressors, life after is MUCH more enjoyable;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top