Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 8:32:32 PM EDT
Trying to zero my scorpion pistol.  Bringing the poi up using the supplied tool, my front sight stopped moving and it is now stuck on the detent.  I can't move it up or down.  Anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Desertmoon had an issue with his front sight. Couldn't get it low enough to bring the point of impact up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Desertmoon had an issue with his front sight. Couldn't get it low enough to bring the point of impact up.
View Quote
Mine was stuck, too.  This is due to the detent being a bit too long.  Take off the front sight body and using the tool, you can get better mechanical advantage on the detent to get it unstuck.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine was stuck, too.  This is due to the detent being a bit too long.  Take off the front sight body and using the tool, you can get better mechanical advantage on the detent to get it unstuck.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have taken it off.  Cannot get it to clear the detent.  Contacted CZ and was told to contact the parts department.  Sent them an email several days ago...no response yet.

I really liked this gun, but the hammer issue, this stuff with the sights, the cracking magazine issue that might or might not be fixed...  It is making me rethink this as my first SBR/silencer platform.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay....so I put the sight on the lathe today.  I took about 3mm off of the detent which still left a nice cup for the spring to seat in.  I cut about them off of the threads, which, honestly was about 1mm overkill.  I just dressed the lead in with a file at 45 degrees.  I ALSO replced the factory detent spring with another spring with a wire diameter about 3/4 of the original and maybe one coil shorter.  It has plenty of hold on the detent.
I used a 23/64 collect in a Victor lathe to hold the sight post by the skirt.  It took several tries to get the runout concentric.  While I was at it, I took Matthew_Qs advice and I took about 1mm off of the sight post AND I moved the tangent radius that blends the sight to the shirt down about 1.5mm.  I then parked and painted the assembly and put it back together.  MUCH better than factory.
NOW I can adjust the damn thing right!  Gonna test it next week while that cheap assed Vortex is off getting fixed.  ( I killed my Vortex Spitfire AR in less that 250 rounds, LOLOLLL....as I predicted )
The un-modded sight is on the green back ground, and the modded sight is on the yellowish background:

You can see how deep I can get the sight to go.  By the way, the Magpul MBUS sight tool as MUCH better for adjusting the sight once modded.  The CZ tool is barely adequate.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I got it out with the magpul mbus tool.  Damaged the tool a bit though.  I think I will try to file off some of the top of the sight to raise the poi.  Seems easier than cutting down the sight and detent and finding a new spring.  Unless Desertmoon feels like doing it again.  :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I got it out with the magpul mbus tool.  Damaged the tool a bit though.  I think I will try to file off some of the top of the sight to raise the poi.  Seems easier than cutting down the sight and detent and finding a new spring.  Unless Desertmoon feels like doing it again.  :)
View Quote

I would do it for you but I wasn't using my machines..... I got lucky enough to do this one.  I DO wish I had my own lathe!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top