Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2016 6:00:08 PM EDT
Im thinking of adding a 9mm AR SBR and I have a SBR KAC lower, whats the process to convert it to 9mm? What do I need?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
An existing lower needs a magazine block to take 9mm magazines for the desired platform.  In some cases, a different bolt hold-open may be required, as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You also gonna need a 9mm bcg

Either it needs to be ramped or you will need a 9mm hammer

Also will need a "correct" buffer assembly. I say correct because it's something you may need to play with to get it working right. Have a few extra bolt catches handy cuz I'm sure you will break a few in trial and error.

Need a 9mm barrel too and comp/brake etc to match

Also I recommend a dedicated lower. I tried the whole mag block setup and it was just more hassle. Esp cuz also the dedicated Glock lowers have dropped in price and made pretty nice with set screws and such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top