that hicaps were worth their weight
in gold, but it didn't matter, if you
couldn't afford them, or find them.

It might not be a bad idea to stock
up as many as you can, for your
favorite toys,  in prep for this Nov.

John
View Quote

Your weapon is useless without magazines and severely hampered by 10 round magazines. When there is another ban you'll wish you had more because even the best magazine will fail.

If you're using a % of the weapons value as a yardstick for purchasing magazines, would you also only buy a quantity of ammunition that cost less than the weapon?

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I will explain how this works, it is very simple really.

1. You buy a gun you like and it comes with 2-3 mags

2. You buy some more mags, like 5-10

3. You start thinking, boy that is a lot of mags that only work in one gun, what if something goes wrong with that gun, then I will have all these worthless mags?

4. So then you buy another gun that takes the same mags

5. Then you think, well I need to have x amount of mags for both so you buy more mags

6. Repeat until safe is full
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a general rule for my handguns and rifles, if its a gun I don't ever carry and rarely shoot I'm good with 2-4 mags. If I carry or shoot it a lot I try to have a minimum of 10 per.  Then you have SHTF guns and gear where I like to have a surplus of whatever I can.

My 9mm SBR uses colt mage and i think I have around 50 or so, My AR's also have around 50 and my go to handguns all have at least 10-20.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top