Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2016 1:10:02 PM EDT
I had a 3rd Gen G-17 that was not doing anything so I bought a CAA RONI STAB a couple weeks ago to stick it in after laying hands on one a friend has. Very solid and fits the G17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25, 31, 32.

I'm not big on "gadgets" but someone had their shit together in one box when they designed the RONI....It's named after the developer's daughter.

I mounted a set of MP flip-ups, stuck a Bushnell Trophy and the Streamlight TLR-1 that was on the G17 on it, and to my range I went. I'll put a Bushnell TRS on it by and by but the Trophy was the only RD I had that was not mounted on something.

"I like it a lot" is a understatement as it ran flawlessly (100 rounds) with 17 and 31 round mags. It was also a lot more accurate than I expected. 1.50" - 2" at 40 yards with the RD. Due to the very short sight radius I really needed the RD much beyond 25 yards.  

I've had three more 100 round range sessions with it since (400 rounds total) and it's been 100%. It returned to zero with no problem after I removed the G17 from it's "shell", cleaned, and reinstalled it after 300 rounds. The last session was this morning so I was happy when there was no re-zero required.

Of course my unit is the RONI STAB (stabilizing brace) and I have to deal with those issues but if you want to go the NFA route with your Glock CAA makes several different versions....Just make sure you don't get the airsoft versions by mistake.

When compared to the five pound (unloaded) CZ Scorpion pistol my RONI comes in at 6.50 pounds with light, RD, and a loaded 33 round mag.

The side-folder RONI Micro seems to hold promise.....It is supposed to come in a $100.00 cheaper than the regular RONI too. Were I to go NFA on my G-17 that is what I'd get.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally like them.  Not $400 like them, but I like them
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I personally like them.  Not $400 like them, but I like them
View Quote

I gave $325.00 for my RONI STAB but like I said I had to lay hands on one before I bought it as so many of those types of things are just Rube Goldberg-ish junk.

I guess it helped that I was able to fondle one already set-up with sights, a RD, with a G-17 in it, and with several hundred rounds through it.....The quality is certainly there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The 1st gen Ronis were supposedly the same for the real guns and airsoft; there are Youtube videos discusing it.  Yours is a second gen design (with the addition of the brace part); there are a few differences including some reinforcing and cooling but the primary difference is that screw that helps clamp the shell above the web of your hand.  The airsoft version will work with real guns*- it's pretty common in the Philippines for folks to buy them and you see them in us at the ranges.  I'm guessing you noticed that the blast tube thing can be moved back for the 19/23 series or removed to accommodate suppressors.    

*CAA says not to, stamps the airsoft models for airsoft use only, you need a tax stamp in the US, etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Where'd you buy it OP at that price? I wanna get one too!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#5]
When the 92/M9 (30 round Beretta mags) Stab version is out, I'm in.

Maybe even the PX4 (20 round Beretta mags ) version.

Since it's still a pistol I can't see why you can't CCW it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I too am interested in the Micro Roni STAB. My BIG question is will it in fact let you attach a suppressor to the pistol???
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I too am interested in the Micro Roni STAB. My BIG question is will it in fact let you attach a suppressor to the pistol???
View Quote

Supposedly- 1:33 mark
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Where'd you buy it OP at that price? I wanna get one too!
View Quote

My LGS...He sold it to be for $25.00 above his cost. He got nine of them in and the other day when I stopped by there was only one left.

Having one set-up already (and with a round count on it) really helped him sell them to folks like myself that were hesitant.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/B2XSh299GsY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/B2XSh299GsY

"We don't even know what an SBR means in Israel"

BOOOOOM!
SNAP!
OH NO HE DIDN'T!

Im ready for the Beretta models.

They seem to be reasonably priced also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anyone have an ETA on the Micro Roni STAB?  I'd heard some grumblings about August, but hadn't heard anything since.
View Quote

They were still waiting approval from the ATF the last I heard.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
So the Roni stab is the non NFA version?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:40:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, "Stab" for "Stabilizer Brace".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the Roni stab is the non NFA version?

Yes, "Stab" for "Stabilizer Brace".

Now this im interested in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top