Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/14/2016 4:50:39 PM EDT
was picking up a Kar 98 at the LGS, they had an Evo Carbine in stock....and it's gone. 16" barrel with fake can

Paid $1009 plus tax

place holder for pics
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one back on 5/5.

Won't see it until much later this year.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is in the safe after function check until my Form 1 comes back.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked mine up this morning, picked the store clean of 30 round mags, and ordered 5 more.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked one up last weekend myself.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine should be here next week. Accessories and mags are arriving bit by bit.

Big thumns up for HB Industries.  Gorgeous machine work and fast shipping!!!  I ordered the AK style selector on Tuesday and duckbill on Monday.

I'll try to get mag pics tomorrow.  I am certain UPS will fuck it up.  They were supposed to be here today but got stuck in Phoenix because a truck to my hub went down.

Here I go again!!!!

I bet my Evo ends up in Hong Kong or the Netherlands with my luck.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered 30 round mags from midway

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Scorpion carbine on layaway, and bought some 30 round mags from Greg Cote today.............good price

Quoted:
I ordered 30 round mags from midway

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#9]
So...I just got back from my local shop that had the EVO Carbine with the fake can....same model as I ordered.
I got to fiddle with it for about ten minutes.
Here are my impressions....
Even having a fake can, it is not overly heavy at all.  Not as like as an SBR EVO but handles okay.  Nothing to squeal like a pig about but nothing to be ashamed of.  
Folding stock is rather over rated.  In the extended position, with the stock fully extended it shoulders nicely.  There are two positional adjustments outside of closed.  At 5 foot ten and medium build....I could run it short, medium or long equally well.  The stock closure magnet works ONLY in the shortest position.  Anyone who has bitched about AR-180 stocks has yet to work an EVO....it is NOT a secure closed stock.  Period. Oddly, this gun would be GREAT with he old school AR-180 canvas pouch styled snap and post.   Open secure is very good.  Very little to no perceptible stock wobble when opened.
NOW, that is not a huge deal breaker as this gun is so damn popular that, beyond what is already on the market, you will see better stocks in the future. I am not worried about this....it will shoot just fine for now.  Just prepare to be a bit underwhelmed by the overall performance of the stock.  Like I said...not horrible....but nothing super fantastic.
Trigger pull is....well...on the sample I handled....nothing to write home about either.   That being said....it's no VP-70....but it ain't at least a USGI stock M-16 trigger either.  Think....double action HK USP......a bit worse.  No biggie.....the HB spring kit cleans this up and it is VERY affordable.
Sights are decent and easily acquired.....the big game style of four flip up apertures is nice and easy to manipulate.  I like the next to last ( second thickest ) ring.  Picks up nice.  Ring number one is very ghosty.  I personally do not like that.  
Right side safety, as we all know, digs into the trigger finger.  If you are a lefty....same thing.  Safety is VERY firm.  I like firm safety levers...it is positive and very tactile but it borders on too darn heavy.  That being said, I do not see safety levers being accidentally disengaged.  I have an AK style for the right side....it will be used.
Gun feels very well made.  The overall feel at the shoulder is very decent and the gun comes up fast and smooth.  The fake can is not an issue....BUT...I can see the normal pencil barrel being more wieldy.  Fake can looks better, IMO.
Overall, I am glad I bought this as it will be something DIFFERENT for a change.  I am a very staunch traditionalist, so like many of you, I tend to run different versions of the same theme.....various 1911s, AR15s and AR10s and M1As....I am a creature of habit.....but am so because of years of working with all kinds of firearms......
So that being said....I was getting a bit bored with my stuff......the CZ should bring a bit of fun into my life.  I hope to have mine Wednesday. Will report.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
What are the prices for the carbines in your areas?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What are the prices for the carbines in your areas?
View Quote
$1049 at the Whorehouse.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90137

Big thumns up for HB Industries.  Gorgeous machine work and fast shipping!!!  I ordered the AK style selector on Tuesday and duckbill on Monday.

I'll try to get mag pics tomorrow.  I am certain UPS will fuck it up.  They were supposed to be here today but got stuck in Phoenix because a truck to my hub went down.

Here I go again!!!!

View Quote

Just ordered some M-Lock rail sections, an extended charging handle from HB and an Everest Pistol grip from Yeti Wurx

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Let us know how you like that YetiWurks grip!!!  I kinda want the Matterhorn.

This thread sure cost me a shitload of money.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm torn between the Matterhorn and the Everest grip as well...........hard choice

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm torn between the Matterhorn and the Everest grip as well...........hard choice

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

And I had a customer telling me about how awesome the HBI stuff was.  As a question--does one need the trigger pack drill bit to install the HBI springs?  He said that those springs are the best upgrade, bar none, and I don't want to pay shipping twice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

This.

And I had a customer telling me about how awesome the HBI stuff was.  As a question--does one need the trigger pack drill bit to install the HBI springs?  He said that those springs are the best upgrade, bar none, and I don't want to pay shipping twice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

This depends on the gun.....some are have a tac welded fastener and others do not.  There is probably someone here who knows how to tell one from another BESIDES looking at the weld.

The one thing I am sure of is that you HAVE to pull the trigger pack to removed the hammer and trigger stem pivot pins....so, you likely need a drill bit or the slim Dremel flex handle with a diamond ball or a high speed cutter on it in case you have a welded nut on the trigger pack screw.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just ordered some M-Lock rail sections, an extended charging handle from HB and an Everest Pistol grip from Yeti Wurx

https://hbindustries.net/store/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/HB-Industries-Scorpion-Theta-Charging-Handle-Black.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1115/7250/products/ever_grande.jpeg?v=1451950637

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here I go again!!!!

https://hbindustries.net/store/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/HB-Industries-Scorpion-Theta-Charging-Handle-Black.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1115/7250/products/ever_grande.jpeg?v=1451950637

Tell me about the Mlok rail sections
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here I go again!!!!

Chicom from ebay. like 11 bucks for 5 rails.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Just unboxed mine....pics in a while.

Everything is good but one thing.....
Trigger like a fucking staple gun.
LOL...off to HB's website yet again!

Here it be.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here it be.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90276

View Quote

Get a mag release while you're at it
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#21]
....and, in 8 minutes I had the gun stripped, oiled and the right side safety replaced....

This thing is stupid retard simple.  

More tomorrow.

So far...layout and functionality are good.  I have a soft hammer, like some of you.  THAT will be getting replaced.  Oiled gun has a bit of a better pull.  The hammer group is VERY simple.

Oiled trigger group has a bit better pull but nothing to squeal about.

All in all...I am liking it so far.  This is a fun gun for me...not anything serious.

My serial number is UNDER 200....so it is pretty darn early.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Charging handle came. Pretty solid piece.  It's substantially bigger than stock CH, about half again as wide at the base and about a third longer.

Definitely more to grab onto.  I suppose you could say more to catch onto gear, but that's not really a concern of mine, and with proper weapon handling, I don't think it would be an issue at all.

Still waiting on the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here it be.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90276

Done.....and you are right....it is very handy.  You see videos showing the mags dropping free....and with the bolt purposely locked back OR with the bolt forward....the mags pop right out...BUT....when the bolt locks back on its own, the mags MUST be stripped in my case.  No biggie for me as I am trained that way anyhow....    The HB duckbill makes stripping MUCH faster and easier.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Installed handle and pistol grip

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Get the HB mag release...really speeds things up!

I ended up with the same charging handle, and while I am NOT a fan of all things extended.....I realllllllly like the HB unit.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here!

Same here without the stock it just a bad guy movie gun
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally held a CZ Scorpion today. Carbine variant.

Goddamn that's pure awesome.

It just makes the wait for my Form 4 Scorpion SBR that much more painful. Bought 5/10. Hasn't even been entered into the system...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Anybody know what reputable online dealer has the evo carbine in stock? With the brake? My local shop had the brake and faux suppressor version but out now. Grabagun and buds appear to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey anyone know a vendor that can make one NJ compliant?  Pinned stock and muzzle break.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anybody know what reputable online dealer has the evo carbine in stock? With the brake? My local shop had the brake and faux suppressor version but out now. Grabagun and buds appear to be out of stock.
View Quote

They are out atm, but keep an eye on prepper gun shop.They keep them in pretty steady.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are out atm, but keep an eye on prepper gun shop.They keep them in pretty steady.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Just picked up the pistol version today. How does everyone like that manticore arms sliding stock?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just picked up the pistol version today. How does everyone like that manticore arms sliding stock?
View Quote

Haven't seen but one real world report which was overall positive
My stamp is still pending and I'm waiting for a 10% off sale or something
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Is it that new? I was under the impression it's been out for a while.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same! shouldnt be to much longer i e filed
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Woohoo!  Look who just joined the cool kid's club!  

Let the mods begin!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Are the threads suppressor friendly under that fake can?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Win the Golden Bullet too?!

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/gvilleram/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160825_155259_zpsbtp2jm42.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u594/gvilleram/Mobile%20Uploads/20160825_155259_zpsbtp2jm42.jpg</a>

Let the mods begin!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/gvilleram/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160825_155259_zpsbtp2jm42.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u594/gvilleram/Mobile%20Uploads/20160825_155259_zpsbtp2jm42.jpg</a>

Let the mods begin!

OPSEC.  

And here she is 24 hours later, minus the "golden bullet".  

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know.  

This may be internet lore, but I thought the initial ones had a weird threading and the more recent ones have standard threading.

Manticore makes a tri lug adaptor, as noted above.  I checked out their website, didn't seem to $$.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I joined the club last weeked

picked up a rifle version with the fake can. I finally got to shoot it this weekend and I really like it.
my only gripes of right now are

1. the trigger SUCKS. very heavy, not much grit but very heavy.

2. with an mlok panel on the side I feel like it sticks the attachments out to far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Joined the cool kid club.. form 1 to be completed ASAP may get a shockwave in the mean time for extra stability when shooting with one arm.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Dumb question. The carbines with the fake can...is this the same sbr length barrel pinned to the can, or is it a threaded sleeve? I want to buy the carbine then eventually sbr it. I had a Scorpion pistol, but never had the time to do the sbr paperwork and sold it. The carbine I'd be able to get some use out of while waiting on the NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know.  

This may be internet lore, but I thought the initial ones had a weird threading and the more recent ones have standard threading.

Manticore makes a tri lug adaptor, as noted above.  I checked out their website, didn't seem to $$.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.  

They do, 18mm threads.  The newer ones coming in now have 1/2x28 threads.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I joined the club last weeked

picked up a rifle version with the fake can. I finally got to shoot it this weekend and I really like it.
my only gripes of right now are

1. the trigger SUCKS. very heavy, not much grit but very heavy.

2. with an mlok panel on the side I feel like it sticks the attachments out to far.
View Quote

1. HB Industries reduced weight spring kit  or you can get the $$ CZ custom trigger.  From what I have read the HB Industries is a much better value.

2. Manticore Arms makes a handguard (currently OOS) and HB Industries is supposed to be releasing their handguard soon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Zeroed red dot at the 25 yard line today.  Pic is post zero mag dump.

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Have they fixed the soft hammer issue? I didn't get one and was considering the MPX, but price wise these cant be beat
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I ordered my EVO carbine from Prepper Gun Shop just before the first of the year, $857.20 shipped to my FFL.  Muzzle break version, not faux supressor.  

Just in case someone calls "BS" on the price, I included a print screen...

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I bought two yesterday.

( they have been on layaway since just before the election. these were my " in case Hillary wins purchases"..... technically though they were purchased yesterday, according to the 4473 though. )

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top