Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a Faux Carbine two weeks ago from deguns.net  I paid $922 including shipping.  If you purchase over $500 use code SHIP30 and they knock $30 off making the shipping free.

http://www.deguns.net/cz-scorpion-carbine-08507-806703085074-p/08507.htm
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the club now too!  Love my little pistol w/ Kak blade brace!

Probably next to the brace, the Apex pistol grip was the best buy.  Once it was installed, the planned safeties upgrade became unnecessary.

Trigger spring upgrade was good, but trigger pack weld was done by Navy divers to never be removed!  Not bothering to remove it if I ever get another.  I'll send it back to CZ for an exchange.

Bought a $20 red dot from Amazon after this review, along with a 1 inch quick detach riser for $10.  Works great!

$13 for some rail covers on amazon and I'm pretty happy with the results.  

One disappoint for me, so far, was the duck-billed mag release.  It just took one accidental mag drop for me to go back to the original.  Probably be good for the range and fun though, because it is fast.  Or maybe needs a STRONGER spring.  Yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one of those $20 Field Sport red dots last year, mine has quite a bit of 'bloom' and is a lot dimmer than any of my TRS-25s. Changed battery, still dim.
Setting 1 on my TRS is equivalent to 4 or 5 on the Field Sport. But for $20 I gotta say it's held up well on a 9mm SUB2k, adjustments work just like the TRS and battery life seems to be good.
For indoor use 5 gets the job done, outdoors it can wash out even on 11 (max) but $20 doesn't get you much.

I put a Sightmark Ultra Shot on my Scorpion after getting good feedback from a friend on his, but while the optics are surprisingly crisp & clear, it's occasionally shutting off under recoil. Not good. I tried a few mods recommended online but if it continues it'll either go back to Sightmark or in the trashcan. A quick search shows this is a VERY common problem for the Ultra Shots, although Sightmark seems to be good about replacements. Right now the $20 Field Sport is looking better than my Sightmark.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't want to start a whole thread just for this small question, so, for those in the know:

I was originally was going to get a standard barrel version, but I may end up with a faux suppressor version. If I decide I want to change to a standard barrel version, will it accept either a factory brake or an aftermarket brake made to fit a standard barrel?

I'm assuming that it will but wanted to double check before purchasing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered one from palmetto state armory for $729.  Can't wait to get it!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trigger spring upgrade was good, but trigger pack weld was done by Navy divers to never be removed!  Not bothering to remove it if I ever get another.  I'll send it back to CZ for an exchange.
View Quote

Good luck with that. I haven't heard of one person that got a lower replacement from CZ in that program.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Add me to the list, Palmetto State Armory for 729.  Of course 2 days later it was on the daily deal for 659. FML

Oh well, excited to have it, working on my form 1 now
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good luck with that. I haven't heard of one person that got a lower replacement from CZ in that program.
View Quote

I have been the list for over a year and never heard from them.  If it wasn't for drilling it out, I would have sold it and never sbr it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
As of today you can add me to the list of Scorpion new guys.  Long time lurker of this part of ARFCOM but now I can talk smart with the rest of you.    In all honestly I still have a lot to learn about these little guys even after all the reading I've been doing here and elsewhere.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the trigger pack didn't have the welded screw, so things got a bit simpler in that regard.  This afternoon Joe Bob's put out a smoking deal on Vortex Sparc AR's so I ordered one after I got home.  The timing couldn't have been better.  I really don't think I'm going to SBR it so for now I just want to find a SBT folding brace which is of course out of stock everywhere.  

Time to hit HBI and heat up the credit card a little more.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top