Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a world model, It has the same peening marks but weirdly after 200 or so rounds it has not changed in appearance ( I have shot 1000rds) my guess is that it smashed to the point it got work hardened.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I'm hoping it works itself out and these are just new gun growing pains.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Pistol.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My bad, should have stated the CARBINE barrel threads. You have the pistol or carbine?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Horseshit... My Osprey indexes and shoots just fine off the factory 1/2x28 threads. There is also a relief behind the threads on mine.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and the barrel thread issue made me back out from buying one two weeks ago. I'm just gonna sit this one out till CZ gets things straightened out.

Whats wrong with the barrel?

The muzzle threads aren't long enough to properly index a can. They need to be cut to the shoulder or need a relief cut after the threads.

My bad, should have stated the CARBINE barrel threads. You have the pistol or carbine?

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds crazy, but after handling an Inland paratrooper carbine, I have considered getting one of those..............despite the price of ammo..............still like the Scorpion, so I am going to watch this whole thing closely before I go all in

Quoted:

Agreed, I'm on the hunt for a Sub 2000 gen2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may go in another direction altogether if they don't get things squared away soon.......

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pistol.
View Quote

Yes you're good. Again, my bad, it's the carbine that has the thread issue.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds crazy, but after handling an Inland paratrooper carbine, I have considered getting one of those..............despite the price of ammo..............still like the Scorpion, so I am going to watch this whole thing closely before I go all in

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I may go in another direction altogether if they don't get things squared away soon.......

Love the M1 Carbine also. Yes expensive.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Hammer after 350 ( approx ) rounds.  Not looking good.   Gonna get ahold of CZ.  I work in mechanical inspection so I am not gonna let them try to hose me with "Oh, it's fine." bullshit.

Still LOVING THIS GUN  and I realize this is growing pains.  This serial number is under 200.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#8]
40 rounds in, just fired it to test before SBR'ing it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I've sent an email with photos to the LE side of CZ orders maybe he can shed some light on this issue.

Eta my emails and pics have been forwarded to the sales and warranty dept. The fella at Cz who I go to for all my Cz purchases is just as stomped as we are on this issue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone with the cz custom trigger job have an issue with their hammer? Just curious if the upgrade has the same issues. The normal hammer on cz website is $100 so might as well upgrade the whole trigger if the cz custom does not have this issue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone with the cz custom trigger job have an issue with their hammer? Just curious if the upgrade has the same issues. The normal hammer on cz website is $100 so might as well upgrade the whole trigger if the cz custom does not have this issue.
View Quote

This. I plan on running the cz custom trigger and was wondering the same...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the CZ Custom trigger group installed in my Scorpion, I installed it after about 100 or so rounds through my CZ. It now has about 1000 rounds through it - the last few hundred rounds in this gun were shot this past weekend when I used as part of a SilenceCo Demo weekend at my local gun club.

Here is what it looks like... (sorry for the dirty gun - I have not had a chance to clean it yet)

Bolt...

Hammer...

Notice how the custom hammer has the top ground back at an angle - this is also where the factory hammer seems to have the most damage.  

I wonder if a careful radius of the top of the factory hammer would stop the damage?

As a side note - the SilencerCo rep had a Zenith MP-5 clone, and a Sig MPX, so I got to shoot all three side by side suppressed....  I'm so glad I bought the CZ!!!  

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got to shoot my scorpion, it seems to have the soft hammer problem. :/

Ill try to post pics once I figure out how.

Anyone get a response from CZ on how they are going to handle this ?

Thanks

ETA: looked again and the back of my bolt carrier has wear also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I've sent an email with pics to Cz. No word yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The answer is two posts up - they need to radius the top of the hammer where it contacts the back edge of the bolt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The answer is two posts up - they need to radius the top of the hammer where it contacts the back edge of the bolt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not an answer from Cz as to what they may do about it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#17]
what did you like about the scorpion over the other competitors?  Just curious as I have not shot of the competition yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#18]
double tap
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the CZ Custom trigger group installed in my Scorpion, I installed it after about 100 or so rounds through my CZ. It now has about 1000 rounds through it - the last few hundred rounds in this gun were shot this past weekend when I used as part of a SilenceCo Demo weekend at my local gun club.

Here is what it looks like... (sorry for the dirty gun - I have not had a chance to clean it yet)

Bolt...
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjs7m/NFA/cz-scorp-01a.jpg
Thank you for the pictures.  I'm going to consider the custom trigger in mine once I have a chance to shoot it when the tax stamp comes later this year.

Hammer...
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjs7m/NFA/cz-scorp-02a.jpg

Notice how the custom hammer has the top ground back at an angle - this is also where the factory hammer seems to have the most damage.  

I wonder if a careful radius of the top of the factory hammer would stop the damage?

As a side note - the SilencerCo rep had a Zenith MP-5 clone, and a Sig MPX, so I got to shoot all three side by side suppressed....  I'm so glad I bought the CZ!!!  

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.

Thank you for the pictures.  I'm going to consider the custom trigger in mine once I have a chance to shoot it when the tax stamp comes later this year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Have you noticed any further damage? Where did you get the custom trigger group?

Quoted:

Bolt...

Hammer...

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bolt...

Hammer...

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
what did you like about the scorpion over the other competitors?  Just curious as I have not shot of the competition yet.
View Quote

If this was meant for me, here is my experience with all three...

They all worked great - we were mainly running 147 gr. Speer Lawman ammo, but some folks brought 115 gr. stuff - they all functioned fine. All were shot with either a SilenceCo Omega 9K or Octane 9 HD suppressor (on the Sig & the CZ, I tried both)

The Zenith MP5 clone had a stock, so it was very easy to shoot - the other two were still pistols at this point, so they are kind of big, clunky pistols.

The Zenith didn't have a last round bolt hold open, and it bothered me enough to notice. The clamp on rail section looked out of place to me, an after thought (which it is).

The Sig felt good, but I could feel "stuff" spraying into my face. Since my goal for this style gun is a suppressed SBR, that was a major negative for me. I felt the Sig had a little less recoil than the CZ in pistol form, I think both would feel better with stocks.

The CZ doesn't spit crap back, has a bolt hold open on the last round, and is a optic ready design (plus all the other mounting options with the rails). The fact that it's about half the price doesn't hurt either.

I think all are good, but the CZ is the best choice for me.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Have you noticed any further damage? Where did you get the custom trigger group?

View Quote

I don't consider what my bolt has as damage - I think it's natural wear. From what I've seen on other Scorpions, they all show this, it breaks in a little, and then stops.

The guys with the damaged hammers are a different story - some show no wear, others are plain ugly! My factory hammer was in good shape, but I replaced it to 1) get a better trigger and 2) get three 922R parts.

Here is where you'll find the custom trigger/hammer pack (among other cool stuff).

Hope this helps,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the link

Quoted:

I don't consider what my bolt has as damage - I think it's natural wear. From what I've seen on other Scorpions, they all show this, it breaks in a little, and then stops.

The guys with the damaged hammers are a different story - some show no wear, others are plain ugly! My factory hammer was in good shape, but I replaced it to 1) get a better trigger and 2) get three 922R parts.

Here is where you'll find the custom trigger/hammer pack (among other cool stuff).

Hope this helps,
Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bolt...

Hammer...

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bolt...

Hammer...

Happy Monday to all,
Bob S.

Seems like the missing hammer portion has moved the "issue" to the firing pin safety pin.. I see it has some odd wear doesnt it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seems like the missing hammer portion has moved the "issue" to the firing pin safety pin.. I see it has some odd wear doesnt it?
View Quote

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that firing pin safety wear was there (or at least starting) before I changed out the hammer/trigger.

To me, it seems CZ designed the gun to have some parts that need to wear in up to a point. Because it isn't a finely fit together piece of machinery, it has some tolerances that are meant to wear into each other a little. I guess time (and more ammo) will tell.

If other folks want to pull their bolts and look - take pictures if they can, maybe we can get a better idea of what's "normal".

Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that firing pin safety wear was there (or at least starting) before I changed out the hammer/trigger.

To me, it seems CZ designed the gun to have some parts that need to wear in up to a point. Because it isn't a finely fit together piece of machinery, it has some tolerances that are meant to wear into each other a little. I guess time (and more ammo) will tell.

If other folks want to pull their bolts and look - take pictures if they can, maybe we can get a better idea of what's "normal".

Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob S.

yup I think you're correct and I'm sure CZ did their homework and tested the gun a lot before releasing it to the public.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Bob S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob S.

So far, my bolt wear has not increased NOR has the firing pin safety been beaten like yours appears to have been.  I am throwing some more bullets downrange on Thursday to see how my mods to the facotry sight pan out....I'll get some pics after that so we can have an update.  Projected round count will be about 600 rounds total after Thursday.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#28]

I have about 300 rounds through mine as I just haven't been to the range much in the last year.  Well I looked at the hammer and it appears to be similar to some of yours.  I will be running about 200 or so through it early next week and will take another look at it.  Interested in hearing what you guys find out from CZ.  

By the way, good job on the photos you guys have posted.  I can't get a close up worth a darn.

If it helps, my serial # B813xxx.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If that end of the hammer is soft, I would expect so is the sear end.  
View Quote
I am specifically tracking that.....mine seems good to go so far.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Contact CZ.
View Quote

RIF
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Are we top posting now? Is this the new thing?

Quoted:
Pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pistol.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Horseshit... My Osprey indexes and shoots just fine off the factory 1/2x28 threads. There is also a relief behind the threads on mine.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats wrong with the barrel?

The muzzle threads aren't long enough to properly index a can. They need to be cut to the shoulder or need a relief cut after the threads.

I'm leaning towards the carbine at this point, is there enough meat to have the threads recut.

Also the hammer issue seems an awful lot like a batch skipped heat treating or was improperly treated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Hammer at around 800 rounds.

Here is a pic of the bolt after I washed the hell out of it.  All other components are fine with no undue wear or abuse.  Bolt has the "grove" under the firing pin...but that has not changed since I got the gun.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Ran more rounds through mine. No indication of the wear getting worse.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#35]
My Carbine hammer is showing wear too. I hope when CZ replaces the FCG they will include a better hammer. I signed up at CZ today for the trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#36]
No reply to my email from CZ.  I am gonna email them again.  I cracked a mag by doing absolutely nothing to it but shooting it...so I have another email to send.

ETA: email answered with the typical "don't worry about it".

On a side note...my hammer seems to have reached a work hardened peak and does not seem to be getting worse.  LOLOLOLL!!!!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top