Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2016 12:05:04 PM EDT
I just bought a Scorpion carbine last week. I shot it for the first time yesterday. Overall I'm rather pleased but I had bought some springs from HB Industries to swap out but after inspecting the trigger pack it looks like this gun has a welded trigger pack. :(

I know everyone else is drilling theirs out but I live in an apartment. I don't have a drill press. I don't know if I feel comfortable doing it with my bullshit cheap hand drill.

So I'm wondering if anyone has recieved a replacement unit from CZ and if you have how long did it take? I signed up on their website and wondering if I'm going to be waiting a few weeks or months... I can only be so patient.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I "drilled" my Scorpion trigger with a Dremel tool, and one of these bits... Carbide bit.  I went slow, and it only took a few minutes.

Good luck,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a electric drill but I still signed up for the replacement trigger pack. Haven't gotten mine yet
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I "drilled" my Scorpion trigger with a Dremel tool, and one of these bits... Carbide bit.  I went slow, and it only took a few minutes.

Good luck,
Bob S.
View Quote

I don't have a dremel or a vise. I just have a cheap harbor freight drill my father gave me a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used a electric drill but I still signed up for the replacement trigger pack. Haven't gotten mine yet
View Quote

How long ago did you sign up?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just bought a Scorpion carbine last week. I shot it for the first time yesterday. Overall I'm rather pleased but I had bought some springs from HB Industries to swap out but after inspecting the trigger pack it looks like this gun has a welded trigger pack. :(

I know everyone else is drilling theirs out but I live in an apartment. I don't have a drill press. I don't know if I feel comfortable doing it with my bullshit cheap hand drill.

So I'm wondering if anyone has recieved a replacement unit from CZ and if you have how long did it take? I signed up on their website and wondering if I'm going to be waiting a few weeks or months... I can only be so patient.
View Quote

All I did was have my wife hold the trigger pack/lower receiver and I slowly drilled it out with the HB Industries bit and it was about 3–4 minutes with my cheapo black and decker electric drill.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All I did was have my wife hold the trigger pack/lower receiver and I slowly drilled it out with the HB Industries bit and it was about 3–4 minutes with my cheapo black and decker electric drill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trusting wife. Ha.

I texted a buddy and he has a vice. I just need to get a drill bit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
CZ stated that the U.S. replacement trigger packs won't be available till the end of 2016 or possibly early 2017.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I was told 2 months, about 2 months ago!
Are they fucking liars like Sig?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was told 2 months, about 2 months ago!
Are they fucking liars like Sig?
View Quote

I emailed and they told me they don't have an ETA.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CZ stated that the U.S. replacement trigger packs won't be available till the end of 2016 or possibly early 2017.
View Quote

That would upset me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Just unscrewed mine.  The weld broke with next to zero pressure.  It left some of the weld on the end of the screw but that does not matter.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I drilled my out with HB industries bit kit which included a replacement screw.  From what everyone is posting, the welded trigger screw is inconsistent with regards to the outcome: some screws have to be drilled out while others could just unscrew it and break the weld.  Also after drilling them out, some screws can be reused again while others had to have a new replacement screw.  I needed a replacement screw for my EVO. The replacement screw that came with the HB industries drill kit worked fine in my trigger pack.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered a $6 carbide tip drill bit and a replacement screw along with a new trigger face. If it works great if not at least I tried.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]
They could start calling people to swap out lowers but it would require them to assemble from parts - I believe they were waiting for complete lowers from overseas.

They (CZ-USA) have lowers in stock

CZ Spare Parts

Trigger Housing

Trigger Case

Case securing screw
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The screw is m4 x .7 x 10mm, $0.35 locally.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Whats wrong with the factory lower ??? Why are they being replaced ??? I just ordered a Scorpion..... TIA
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whats wrong with the factory lower ??? Why are they being replaced ??? I just ordered a Scorpion..... TIA
View Quote

They are coming with a "World Legal Trigger". The nut for trigger assembly is tac welded for countries that are not allowed to tamper.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They are coming with a "World Legal Trigger". The nut for trigger assembly is tac welded for countries that are not allowed to tamper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. It really is no big deal to remove the weld this really is just something nice CZ-USA is doing for their customers. They never orginally intended to import the "World legal" model but they saw there was going to be a shortage of Scorpion Evos because of 41F so they brought them in afterall.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I went to drill mine.

The screw had a big goober weld right in the center. After trying to grind out weld to center bit, I gave up.

Grabbed the screw head with my mighty micro snap on pliers and snapped the head off, easy peasy. Popped out the pack and replaced the screw.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#20]
My $6 drill bit was shitty and it took way longer than it should have but I eventually got mine drilled out. I had to drill it almost all the way down to the trigger housing. Whoever was doing the welds that day was overzealous.

Drilled out, swapped springs, swapped trigger, it's a world differences. It now averages 5.5lb on the trigger pull gauge.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]
So...I am kinda curious...with this whole trigger swap, are they going to replace the whole trigger casing unit when we send them in or just pop the weld and replace the innards?
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So...I am kinda curious...with this whole trigger swap, are they going to replace the whole trigger casing unit when we send them in or just pop the weld and replace the innards?
View Quote

I inferred that they will send a complete lower to users.

Swap out the welded version, and pop up in the new.
Seems expensive though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This. It really is no big deal to remove the weld this really is just something nice CZ-USA is doing for their customers. They never orginally intended to import the "World legal" model but they saw there was going to be a shortage of Scorpion Evos because of 41F so they brought them in afterall.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said it before and I'll say it again, CZ deserves HUGE props for doing this. I can't think of any gun maker of their size that would care about something like 41F enough to do what CZ did here. It's going to cost them profits and they did the right thing (for the small niche of gun owners) anyway. That's awesome and I'll keep buying CZ stuff as a result. Great move that should not be forgotten!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Seems expensive though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems expensive though.

I e-mailed to inquire as to how they were going to handle this...

Seems you are correct...send in the old and be shipped a new! I am cool with waiting rather then risking messing something up with drilling the weld. I have extremely bad luck with these sorts of things so rather then drill the weld I am gonna wait for the swap to take place while waiting for my F1...
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seems you are correct...send in the old and be shipped a new! I am cool with waiting rather then risking messing something up with drilling the weld. I have extremely bad luck with these sorts of things so rather then drill the weld I am gonna wait for the swap to take place while waiting for my F1...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems expensive though.

Dang that sucks.
I used the HBI drill and it was very quick.

I understand what you are saying, I have pretty bad luck with these sort of things too. But, I went slow, a drop or 2 or oil, and let the bit cut the weld.

I already installed the new shoe, new spring pack from HBI and have been very happy with the trigger. Its amazing compared to factory.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I used crappy bits and ended up drilling off-center, which didn't work. Ended up using and end-mill style bit in my Dremel and that made short work of it. Replaced the bolt with the new one (HBI), and did the springs. Big difference. Really pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I signed up for a replacement today. My hammer is showing wear too. I hope they replace them soon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought a shitty drill bit off amazon for $6 that was long and made it hard to get the right torque. I went slow and took my time and put so much pressure on it that I Was getting nervous but it came off. Ruined the screw in the process so I"m glad I got a replacement when I ordered the trigger shoe, springs, etc. Totally worth it. Not too hard. I imagine with a better drill bit it would just go even smoother.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I signed up the night that CZ opened the sign-up sheet, so I should be pretty early on the list.  I have yet to be contacted by them.

I could drill out the weld myself, but I'm in no hurry (still waiting on Form 1 approval).  I also want a new hammer due to excessive wear after a very small number of rounds through it.  I plan to wait it out.  This could change if my Form 1 gets approved before CZ comes through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top