Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2016 11:10:14 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with any other manufactures of mp5 mags than Hk? Id like to get a few more but I'd really like not to have to spend $70-80 a mag. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mke mags work well in my mke. The latest gen kci mags from hkparts.net work but older kci (korean) mags are mixed for me. I've had a few have weird feeding issues but some feed fine. Waiting for more pof or mke mags to arrive.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mke mags work well in my mke. The latest gen kci mags from hkparts.net work but older kci (korean) mags are mixed for me. I've had a few have weird feeding issues but some feed fine. Waiting for more pof or mke mags to arrive.
View Quote

Where would one go about getting some MKE mags?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with any other manufactures of mp5 mags than Hk? Id like to get a few more but I'd really like not to have to spend $70-80 a mag. Thanks
View Quote

ATI korean mags are gtg in my clone. I never had issues but they can be harder to find cheap nowadays....... here you go.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/MAGMP5-KR30.aspx
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
ATI mags from Centerfire work great for me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure what "Gen" they're on now, but my "Latest Gen!!!" ATI mags were shit.

The catch is pressed in too low, resulting in improper feed height and BCG rubbing the lips.

MKE mags are cheap, and POF mags are super cheap. There is no reason to use anything else.

(Similar to the Korean AK mags that the tabs fall off of... are you really trying to spend $6 instead of $8 and just completely ignoring quality?)
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad I bought my German mags when they were sixty a pop. After the panic they shot up to eighty and have never come down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what "Gen" they're on now, but my "Latest Gen!!!" ATI mags were shit.

The catch is pressed in too low, resulting in improper feed height and BCG rubbing the lips.

<a href="http://s145.photobucket.com/user/Kalashnikev/media/Rifles/IMG_1065.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/Kalashnikev/Rifles/IMG_1065.jpg</a>

MKE mags are cheap, and POF mags are super cheap. There is no reason to use anything else.

(Similar to the Korean AK mags that the tabs fall off of... are you really trying to spend $6 instead of $8 and just completely ignoring quality?)
View Quote

Where do you find MKE mags?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s145.photobucket.com/user/Kalashnikev/media/Rifles/IMG_1065.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/Kalashnikev/Rifles/IMG_1065.jpg</a>

View Quote

I had two shitty MKE mags that would not feed but I have never used any POF mags. The Taiwanese mags are crap. I have three that will not run and they have the same problem you were having with the ATI with feed height. Are you running a clone or an import? What do you consider cheap for POF mags?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
POF mags were a fantastic deal not long ago, now it's like finding a unicorn.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I've only ever used German mags and never had a problem.  My original 30 round & 10 round mags from the 80's still function 100%

The new old stock German mags I bought last were ~$65 a pop on hkparts.net but work great.  

I've seen POF mags that are utter crap and as soon as I "loaned" one of my mags to the guy, the feeding problems stopped.....YMMV
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Are you running a clone or an import? What do you consider cheap for POF mags?
View Quote

2 x MKEs, one full size and one K-gun.

I stocked up on POF mags @ $30 from RTG. They're 100% correct, contract mags. Along with my MKE mags, I've had thousands of trouble free rounds.

A lot of the people who have had problems with the contract mags are using garage builder guns that won't run for crap anyway.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've had great luck with the ATI mags.
View Quote

ATI Korean mags have been perfect in my POF MP5. No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I stocked up on POF mags @ $30 from RTG. They're 100% correct, contract mags. Along with my MKE mags, I've had thousands of trouble free rounds.

A lot of the people who have had problems with the contract mags are using garage builder guns that won't run for crap anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Are you running a clone or an import? What do you consider cheap for POF mags?

Agreed RTG has the best prices on POF mags. None in stock right now. Others have them priced to high imo.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Ever tried the straight stick German Army surplus magazines? I bought a batch and haven't had any issues with them. I think I got them from Roberts RTG or HK Parts net.
Look weird but work great.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#16]
POF . . . if you can find 'em.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone tried the MKE plastic mags? I haven't seen much about them, but found a dealer who has some in stock...
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think MKE sells the mags separately that they package with their MP5 clones at this time. Hopefully they will at some point.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't think MKE sells the mags separately that they package with their MP5 clones at this time. Hopefully they will at some point.
View Quote
Not the metal ones that ship with the guns, but these:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top